Which radios in a "normal" Funklenk-StuG III G ?

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Which radios in a "normal" Funklenk-StuG III G ?

July 3rd, 2012, 8:15 pm #1

Hi everybody;
Just recently I drew my CyberHobby Sturmgeschütz III mit Flüssiggas-Antrieb from the stash.
I once got it cheap via an famous online bidding site (the one with multi-coulored letters;-)) and now decided to build it as a StuG III G of Pz.Kp. 316 (Fkl) in Normandy (of course without the gas tanks and with the bolted mantlet). During working through the instructions to mark the changes I came across an old problem of all "new" Dragon Stugs: the radios. As is known Dragon provides the radio equipment for an Abteilungs command vehicle. I googled Pekkas posts concerning radios, but I'm still in doubt which radios to use.
If I got it right the left pannier (C16) gets in every case the FuG 16 (parts E34+E25 in rack E30/29) but whats on the right pannier,especially in Funklenk-StuG?
One option could be to use E26 and E31 in rack E27/E28 to imitate the second receiver, correct?
I'm curious about your opinions.
Best wishes
Markus
StuG and Jagdpanzer fan

July 3rd, 2012, 10:07 pm #2

In the command vehicles they would use the FU5 set which looks very much like the FU16. I do not have this kit so I not know what the parts look like.