What would I use for 1/72 scale grass?

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

What would I use for 1/72 scale grass?

Perry Lockhart
Perry Lockhart

July 3rd, 2004, 2:02 am #1

I was thinking of just spreading out the celluclay, then putting some woodland scenics material on there. would this be OK?

Andrew Nelson
Andrew Nelson

July 3rd, 2004, 3:22 am #2

Yeah, that method works pretty well. Woodland Scenics offers a wide variety of colors and textures you can use.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 3rd, 2004, 3:09 pm #3

I was thinking of just spreading out the celluclay, then putting some woodland scenics material on there. would this be OK?
tahnx alot!

Trevor Horton
Trevor Horton

July 5th, 2004, 3:08 am #4

If you want something very realistic looking, which in my opinion Woodland Scenics typically is not, use Silflor.

Silflor is made in Germany but available in the UK and US through distributors. It automatically stands up just like grass and comes in many different lengths and colors.

The downside is it's expensive, but it achieves the real look of grass which most other products fail to do.

Kevin Keefe
Kevin Keefe

July 6th, 2004, 2:12 pm #5

I have used your everyday run of the mill (VP) static grass and Woodland Scenics' foam 'bushes' to good effect (or so I'm told) even for 1/285th scale.

img src=""

HTH

Thanks,
Kevin Keefe
http://www.mortarsinminiature.com

Mark Munro
Mark Munro

July 18th, 2004, 11:36 am #6

Way too much modelling glue this week!!!