What's the BEST...

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

What's the BEST...

Dan Capuano
Dan Capuano

May 31st, 2003, 5:20 am #1

diorama any of you guy's have seen. Feel free to discuss any that do not appear on any internet sites or mag. articles or those that have been seen in these medias as well. Maybe some reasons why. I know I have a couple of favorites of my own.

May 31st, 2003, 9:29 pm #2

The first would be the Black and White Sherman diorama (I think it is linked to on the Archer's Transfers site). The ability to make it look like a photo with different tones of grays, blacks and whites is impressive.
Second would be the viginate I believed called "Mired in Hell" of a WW 1 German with a skeleton sharing his trench or shellhole.
Third was a one done at the 98 IPMS convention based on the movie "Sahara" with the building, Lulu Bell cover with a parachute and the troops maning the wall.
Always wanted to try and do that scene myself.
Those are my picks off the top of my head.
Eric
There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.

Calvin and Hobbs 1990

Marcio dos Santos (Brazil)
Marcio dos Santos (Brazil)

June 2nd, 2003, 4:59 pm #3

Stefano Germani
Stefano Germani

June 2nd, 2003, 9:39 pm #4

diorama any of you guy's have seen. Feel free to discuss any that do not appear on any internet sites or mag. articles or those that have been seen in these medias as well. Maybe some reasons why. I know I have a couple of favorites of my own.
... by Y.Hirano, one of my favourites. Looking for pics in the net...unsuccessful at the moment.
cheers
Stefano

Dimitri de Paepe
Dimitri de Paepe

June 3rd, 2003, 11:07 am #5

this U-boat dio. I'd love to make something similar one day but I'll doubt if I have the patience to work one such a huge project.

http://www.kmk-scaleworld.be/gallery/di ... index.html

Allthough I really liked the duel at sea dio from the previous post.

Dan Capuano
Dan Capuano

June 3rd, 2003, 12:28 pm #6

that's impressive. I have a dio on another site that I thought was BIG, my wife wanted to throw me out for that one but this one is really impressive. I have seen Phil S's work many times before, I think he's one of the best out there.

Aripin L. Sunardi
Aripin L. Sunardi

June 5th, 2003, 11:05 am #7

1) Road to Damascus
2) Valley of Tears

Both are IDF dioramas, I don't remember other detail.

Cheers,
Aripin