What color for the interior of "interior-less" vehicles

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

What color for the interior of "interior-less" vehicles

Hervé Charbonneau
Hervé Charbonneau

June 15th, 2004, 4:56 pm #1

In case my header wasn't clear enough, what I want to know is how you guys go about painting the interior of a tank that has no interior detail, but which you intend to build with hatches open nevertheless?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Charby

Mike Starmer
Mike Starmer

June 15th, 2004, 6:35 pm #2

Since there is nothing in there to highlight or detail then I paint mine very dark grey, black is too stark. the edges of doors are exterior colour and the inner top interior of cupola is usually very light grey.

Greg H
Greg H

June 15th, 2004, 7:30 pm #3

In case my header wasn't clear enough, what I want to know is how you guys go about painting the interior of a tank that has no interior detail, but which you intend to build with hatches open nevertheless?

Charby
Charby,

I usually paint the intereiors of the German stuff in Polly Scale's "Oxide red" and the Allied stuff in "dark green."

hth

Greg Harting

June 16th, 2004, 11:33 pm #4

Charby
and try to minimize the amount of light getting into the tank. Just a thought. Dave