"Wet" Firefly 90%

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

"Wet" Firefly 90%

June 22nd, 2009, 9:02 am #1

Hello everyone

Finally I had some time to make any progress with this project. Lately, due to my work, I feel always tired and sad with modelling. Summer is always a bad time for me!!!

Here´s my nearly finished "Wet" Firefly. I still must paint the tools, lenses ... so on, but just the final details. The humidity can be barely seen on the pictures, my photografy skills are not good enough!!

Any opinion or suggestion will be higly apreciated.

Thanks for looking!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Last edited by jl_models on June 22nd, 2009, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 22nd, 2009, 9:08 am #2

cheers
Sven

June 22nd, 2009, 11:19 am #3

Hello everyone

Finally I had some time to make any progress with this project. Lately, due to my work, I feel always tired and sad with modelling. Summer is always a bad time for me!!!

Here´s my nearly finished "Wet" Firefly. I still must paint the tools, lenses ... so on, but just the final details. The humidity can be barely seen on the pictures, my photografy skills are not good enough!!

Thanks for looking!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
nice wet look, im presuming its for a rainy day diorama,keep going dont lett summer beat you ,have fun wayne

June 22nd, 2009, 12:23 pm #4

Hello everyone

Thanks for looking!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
best models. Beautiful effects amigo, great built and finish.

Cheers.

June 22nd, 2009, 1:16 pm #5

Hello everyone

Thanks for looking!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
...you are doing great with this effect - it's a tough one for sure. For me, the second to the last photo really shows your work at its best. Something about the angle - very convincing!

My guess is that the camera is having a hard time fully capturing your excellent work.

Rick

http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/

June 22nd, 2009, 2:35 pm #6

Hello everyone

Thanks for looking!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
very attractive as you've finished.

felicidades Xavier

June 22nd, 2009, 10:32 pm #7

Hello everyone

Thanks for looking!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Very interesting effect, I like it a lot.

cheers,
John

June 23rd, 2009, 3:42 pm #8

Hello everyone

Thanks for looking!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Sr. Lopez,

My hat is off to you for the very nice and hard to make wet weathering I like very much. In my opinion you got a very convincing wet effect on the hull and turret and I consider that is really hard to make credible but you did. I also suspect the pics are not making justice to the painting, but your good work can be sensed clearly anyways and if one fine day you put your model on a decorated base then I am sure the final effect will be totally understable for the observer.

I also appreciate the little changes on some details (like the PE light guards) that also add value to your model.

the only thing I dislike is how the running gear looks for now. I believe a darker glossy chocolate brown shade would fit better for a wet vehicle in running condiction, but I guess you are working on lower areas still, correct?.

A very promising Firefly for our private firefly collection here.

Good work so far.
Lu

June 24th, 2009, 8:33 am #9

Hello everyone

Thanks for looking!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Thank you very much for all your kind opinions!

There´s still room for improvement as mr Lu said. Mostly on the running gear, where I´ll aplly some chocolat filters in order to change the actual color to a darker one.

In very few days you´ll see the results.

Thank you for your opinions and support!!

June 27th, 2009, 6:07 pm #10

Hello everyone

Thanks for looking!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
...in a photo.
Try some reflected light.
I liked very nuch, also I tried something wet in the lower portion of the sides of my amtrack posted above, not sure if it works.
Best, Hilton.