Went to my local HS the other day and saw the latest AFV.....

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Went to my local HS the other day and saw the latest AFV.....

March 7th, 2016, 1:57 am #1

It was latest at the shop, with Adam Wilder's JS4 on the cover. Had not picked up a mag in a few years, so I picked it up. His article almost made me buy the kit!! Almost Really liked the build and the article. Then I saw he had two "how to" books out and decided to get them, even though my wallet complained..... A Lot!!! I have to say that the books are really worth the money, BUT if you can get only one, get book 2!!! Makes me want to re-do my builds You can basically paint your model following his steps, which are incredible clear and easy to follow. I have had not one head scratch with trying to figure out how he did the step.

Then I was so caught up with how he did stuff with what, I went a purchased some of his products. I hate when marketing works extremely well But was surprised with how large the bottles where compared to MIG and AK. Now I have to make room, someplace in the paint collection, to store all these large bottles I now have.

This is just a pat on the back to Adam for a well done article and books!!!!

Ron

hetherrh@earthlink.net

May 16th, 2016, 10:37 pm #2

... until the bottle you opened 2 months ago has turned into an unusable gloop.