Well done to Bronco.

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Well done to Bronco.

August 15th, 2012, 7:40 am #1

I am impressed by Bronco's readiness to fix problems with their kits. Firstly the problem with the Chaffee turret which they corrected and made the new turret available at a cheap price fo those who want to replace it. Now, according to PMMS, they have fixed a problem with the the Bofors which must have been quite costly.

I no of no other plastic kit manufacturer that does this. Well done!

August 15th, 2012, 11:06 am #2

DML invests in new tooling to improve upon previous mistakes. It may not help the person who bought the first iteration but I think they're receptive to altering their items. Once Tom Cockle posted some test shots of their StuG III ausf G. I spotted some missing features and emailed Tom. He got the word back to DML and the fixes were in the final release.

Roy Chow
AMPS President
http://www.amps-armor.org
Roy Chow
Join AMPS!

August 15th, 2012, 1:44 pm #3

I am impressed by Bronco's readiness to fix problems with their kits. Firstly the problem with the Chaffee turret which they corrected and made the new turret available at a cheap price fo those who want to replace it. Now, according to PMMS, they have fixed a problem with the the Bofors which must have been quite costly.

... for the four versions affected in their range.

Well done or not well done, that's another question, better not make big errors in the first place IMVHO.

Cheers,

Christophe

August 15th, 2012, 1:51 pm #4

DML invests in new tooling to improve upon previous mistakes. It may not help the person who bought the first iteration but I think they're receptive to altering their items. Once Tom Cockle posted some test shots of their StuG III ausf G. I spotted some missing features and emailed Tom. He got the word back to DML and the fixes were in the final release.

Roy Chow
AMPS President
http://www.amps-armor.org
They do fix their mistakes but then at times go backwards for some unknown reason as with some of their Sherman kits. Here is a good example.http://paulbudzik.com/tools-techniques/ ... eries.html
I have built a number of Dragon Sherman's and it is frustrating at times and feel pretty much the same about them as Paul.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

August 15th, 2012, 2:22 pm #5

... for the four versions affected in their range.

Well done or not well done, that's another question, better not make big errors in the first place IMVHO.

Cheers,

Christophe
At least they arewilling to admit it and fix the mistakes. Actually they are paying through the nose to do so. As I see it these companies deserve a big "hats off" for doing the fixes they do unlike some others that just leave it be.
I for one am very happy they are making the fixes available for their Sdkfz 6 kits.
Karl.

August 15th, 2012, 5:06 pm #6

The mistakes while not super major were obvious enough to be spotted pretty much instantly when the kits were released... so do they have anyone that really knows anything at all about what they are making preview a kit before it is released? People who write books have proof readers... It just seems that it would be more cost effective and better business to do it right the first time. People will be asking in 20 years how they can tell if they got the "correct" Bronco Chaffee kit because of the turret blunder.
DAVID NICKELS

August 15th, 2012, 5:09 pm #7

At least they arewilling to admit it and fix the mistakes. Actually they are paying through the nose to do so. As I see it these companies deserve a big "hats off" for doing the fixes they do unlike some others that just leave it be.
I for one am very happy they are making the fixes available for their Sdkfz 6 kits.
Karl.
...are, unfortunately, incomplete. This is most notable in the length and height of the engine hood and the side panels. The cooling slots on the side panels are also still incorrect.

But, I do agree that it is great that some companies do correct their molds.

A typical example of an easy fix never attempted is Tamiya's Panther Ausf.G/Jagdpanther series. All have an incorrect idler wheel and the road-wheels on their steel wheel Panther ars still improperly sized.

Frank

August 15th, 2012, 5:27 pm #8

DML tends to re-issue a kit after correcting some of the issues.
Many of their kits are not corrected at all.

Bronco have corrected the Chaffee turret for a small cost to the customer and are offering to replace the icorrect part in the Bofors kit.

August 15th, 2012, 5:57 pm #9

They fixed the incorrect drive sprocket in their Panzer II kits starting with the SiG 33 SP version, but then the tracks (same old ones from prior kits) no longer fit. Thanks for nothing there... And as I mentioned on Constructive Comments, when they fixed the incorrect chassis length in their M4A4/M50 kit, the exhaust deflector is now 1/2" too short so you need to scratch build that whole assembly. Dragon fixed the hull but left TWO incorrect deflector assemblies in the kit. Neither fit AT ALL. Again... one fix leads to more mistakes.
DAVID NICKELS

August 16th, 2012, 3:45 am #10

Hi Guys,
Credit where credit is due. These guys have been rocking our world almost every month since the Comet!! On the english speaking allies alone, they've given us:
M-24's
Humber scout cars
Humber armoured cars
Staghounds
Triumph motorcycle
17pdr
17/25 pdr
Archer
Bishops
40mm ack ack gun
Bailey Bridges
All kinds of accessories
All kinds of crew
and now a new jeep and trailer!!!

...and they've only been at it since 2005.

So lighten up, youse mugs. Our hobby would be a poorer place were it not for Bronco.

Wayne (I'm riding this horse hard) Killeen