WEEKLY UPDATE 8.7.2012....

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

WEEKLY UPDATE 8.7.2012....

July 8th, 2012, 2:33 pm #1

Consider this your invitation to reply to the Weekly Update, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do each week, for the inclusion and enlightenment of all forum visitors and regulars.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

July 8th, 2012, 2:57 pm #2

Hi all, been a few weeks since I've posted anything, not much free time at the moment but long story short I'm working on the composition of a small dio;

I posted earlier this week requesting some advice/criticism etc. so thanks to Ilian and James for their helpful advice, (and to Adrian for the fig's) as you can see suggestions were taken on board and this is the 'final' set-up plan before i start painting the figures and building the base,kits and telegraph pole...

cheers,

Adam

Last edited by panzermad2 on July 8th, 2012, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 8th, 2012, 3:25 pm #3

Consider this your invitation to reply to the Weekly Update, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do each week, for the inclusion and enlightenment of all forum visitors and regulars.
Hi All

This is a project that I have had going for about three years, so I think I should get on and finish it. It is the PST PT-76b kit with a bit of tweaking here and there. I thinned the track links, improved the guide teeth and cut out the holes in the drive sprockets. These were cast by my great friend Horst Kalinke to produce a complete set of track links and drive sprockets for my model. Because my model will have the large turret hatch open with the turret interior exposed, I had to scratch build a gun breech and other details which can be seen through the hatch.

Happy Modelling

Tim Neate

http://www.neatescale.co.uk/index.html

July 8th, 2012, 3:49 pm #4

Nagmachon + Centurion ARV

[/img]

[/img]

bye
Jörg

July 8th, 2012, 5:23 pm #5

The model ready to paint in german version.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Best regards.

Pedro.

MECHANICAL DOG
http://neloan.blogspot.com/

July 8th, 2012, 5:29 pm #6

Hi All

This is a project that I have had going for about three years, so I think I should get on and finish it. It is the PST PT-76b kit with a bit of tweaking here and there. I thinned the track links, improved the guide teeth and cut out the holes in the drive sprockets. These were cast by my great friend Horst Kalinke to produce a complete set of track links and drive sprockets for my model. Because my model will have the large turret hatch open with the turret interior exposed, I had to scratch build a gun breech and other details which can be seen through the hatch.

Happy Modelling

Tim Neate

http://www.neatescale.co.uk/index.html
Excellent detailling.

Regards.

Pedro.

MECHANICAL DOG

July 8th, 2012, 5:31 pm #7

Nagmachon + Centurion ARV

[/img]

[/img]

bye
Jörg
They seem and excellent kits. Cromwell?

Regards.

Pedro.

MECHANICAL DOG

July 8th, 2012, 9:38 pm #8

This is one sweet kit. As one who's not comfortable building tracked vehicles this little gem has especially nice running gear. The tracks are hard plastic and attach in a most ingenious way (see the pix below) where the track hooks onto small pegs molded to the drive sprocket and idler wheel. The faces of these wheels go over top and completely hide the posts).

I've often wondered out loud why the "big boys" of plastic model manufacturers (i.e. hobby boss, trumpeter and dragon) who tout their slide mold technology can't make tracked vehicle construction easier. Well they've been beaten to the gate by Zvezda. If all tracked kits were molded this way I'd have a lot more built and sitting on my shelves.

Anyway, the kit needs some detailing, but on the whole nothing that's too onerous.Kit's decals are dodgy so this one will be in German beute markings.

This one has been so much fun I'm seriously considering buying a few more of these beauts!

(idler and track attachment)

(drive sprocket and track attachment)

(built tracks, front (bottom) and rear (top))

(the Zvezda tracks even fit onto the Dragon kit. The holes in the back of the Zvezda wheels are a tad too big, so they'd need to be filled and re-drilled. Gives those out there that want an another and probably nicer looking track option for their Dragon kits!)

(turret need the ribbing added)

(right side showing turret roughed up some and the vision slots deepened)

al magnus
al magnus
On the Way contributor, editor & one who has no lack of success (see definition of success below).

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

July 8th, 2012, 9:50 pm #9

Hello

I have the Bergeschlepper about ready to paint, just needs a tidy up in a few spots with an exacto blade & some putty on sink marks on the muffler. The gunshield will be discarded, its too thick, and will be replaced by a T-26-1 turret as per a period photo of one in german markings, and as per research that the Romanians also tried to upgun their R-35s with T-26-1 turrets armed with soviet 45mm cannon.

The other picture is an update to the "end of days" late WW2 diorama. I have pushed the Opel Blitz onto the grass and painted some figures (and used a couple of figures I'd painted awhile ago) to place around it.

cheers
Neil

http://braillebuilder.blogspot.com.au/

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Last edited by neilyall on July 8th, 2012, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Lyall

July 9th, 2012, 12:05 am #10

Hi all, been a few weeks since I've posted anything, not much free time at the moment but long story short I'm working on the composition of a small dio;

I posted earlier this week requesting some advice/criticism etc. so thanks to Ilian and James for their helpful advice, (and to Adrian for the fig's) as you can see suggestions were taken on board and this is the 'final' set-up plan before i start painting the figures and building the base,kits and telegraph pole...

cheers,

Adam

Hi Adam,

The relaxed poses and interesting staging should make this a winning diorama. I like the vehicles, they look very nice, you have done a good job on them. What are the figures, Prieser? I did know where you could purchase a European style telegraph pole, but I can't for the life of me think who made it. If I remember I will let you know. I look forward to seeing the diorama taking shape, keep up the good work.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur