WEEKLY UPDATE 7.12.2014....

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

WEEKLY UPDATE 7.12.2014....

December 7th, 2014, 1:25 pm #1

Consider this your invitation to reply to the WEEKLY UPDATE, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

December 7th, 2014, 1:47 pm #2

Managed to get some time at the bench this week and also to get some photos

First up we have some finished figures. AB Figures British officers and some dejected looking German POWs. The officers will be inspecting the ME262 in the Autobahn dio

Then I got the airbrush out and shot some SCC15 on Monty's vehicles, again for the Autobahn diorama. Its on to detail, decals etc next. Then have to make some penthouse tents up for the map trailer.

Then shot the same colour on a dingo that was on the bench, gain for the diorama. This is an S-models one with some extra baggage

Then we have some in progress figures. These are Lammercraft ones and will be some more POWs, higher ranking this time!

December 7th, 2014, 1:58 pm #3

Consider this your invitation to reply to the WEEKLY UPDATE, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do.
Hi all,
Recently I'm wrestling with yet another Chinese diecast toy from a magazine (Amercom in this case). Here is my desperate attempt to turn it to a StuG battery commander's vehicle:

The starting point, in case somebody is interested:
http://www.flyingmule.com/products/AM-ACBG02
Cheers!
Last edited by Ilian Filipov on December 7th, 2014, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 7th, 2014, 2:48 pm #4

As previously explained we celbrated Sinterklaas at december 5th. the childeren and us got many presents and it seems Sinterklaas is well aware of my hobby...
It is also tradition to give eachother funny surprise gifts. Creative and artistic abilities seem to run through both our families.

My father in law decided to build me a tank. It turned out to be a heavy, Maus like contraption containing a big milk carton as hull and armor made from coffee paper filter sheets. The turret had a big and juicy gun to make me very happy. Its barrel dust cap will soon be loosened to fire its contents! The name makes clear he also learned some terminology.

Sint/Santa also brought me the Toxco Scud with its laughing-mirror-box-art and some Zvezda guns.
Happy times in Hobby-Netherland. I hope by the time my birthday is due in januari, the Dragon Atomiuc Annie will be available.

The Scud will compare nicely with my PST Grumbies and the Zvezda Topol being built at the moment.

Greets, Alfred

December 7th, 2014, 3:36 pm #5

I am hoping to get that SCUD soon too, and Dragon's Atomic Annie is high on my priority list as well. Congrats on scoring all that! Great Ausf Alfred as well; that sure looks like quite the heavy tank with some awesome hitting power. I'm looking forward to future updates!
The Duke; Mark Deliduka
Virtuoso of Miniatures

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

December 7th, 2014, 4:08 pm #6

First up we have some finished figures. AB Figures British officers and some dejected looking German POWs. The officers will be inspecting the ME262 in the Autobahn dio

Then I got the airbrush out and shot some SCC15 on Monty's vehicles, again for the Autobahn diorama. Its on to detail, decals etc next. Then have to make some penthouse tents up for the map trailer.

Then shot the same colour on a dingo that was on the bench, gain for the diorama. This is an S-models one with some extra baggage

Then we have some in progress figures. These are Lammercraft ones and will be some more POWs, higher ranking this time!

Hi Paul,

A good weeks work, the figures are interesting and the vehicles look very nice in their base-coat. I especially like the Lammercraft range and find the figures a treat to paint, you have two of the sets I have and seeing them painted makes me eager to get them out and do something constructive with them. I am really looking forward to seeing this diorama completed, mind you considering its size it is more a panorama than diorama. Keep at it, I am sure there is a glint of light at the end of the tunnel.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

December 7th, 2014, 4:14 pm #7

Hi all,
Recently I'm wrestling with yet another Chinese diecast toy from a magazine (Amercom in this case). Here is my desperate attempt to turn it to a StuG battery commander's vehicle:

Cheers!
Hi Ilian,

I like this little project a lot, I am very interested to see all your little additions and work on it. I have the MAC Steyr and am 'wrestling' with it at the moment, so seeing yours gives me the impetus to get on with it. I like the grille on the front, is it one of your photo-etch pieces or did you construct it from metal strip, it is very good. I look forward to seeing the next update, nice work.

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur

December 7th, 2014, 4:19 pm #8

As previously explained we celbrated Sinterklaas at december 5th. the childeren and us got many presents and it seems Sinterklaas is well aware of my hobby...
It is also tradition to give eachother funny surprise gifts. Creative and artistic abilities seem to run through both our families.

My father in law decided to build me a tank. It turned out to be a heavy, Maus like contraption containing a big milk carton as hull and armor made from coffee paper filter sheets. The turret had a big and juicy gun to make me very happy. Its barrel dust cap will soon be loosened to fire its contents! The name makes clear he also learned some terminology.

Sint/Santa also brought me the Toxco Scud with its laughing-mirror-box-art and some Zvezda guns.
Happy times in Hobby-Netherland. I hope by the time my birthday is due in januari, the Dragon Atomiuc Annie will be available.

The Scud will compare nicely with my PST Grumbies and the Zvezda Topol being built at the moment.

Greets, Alfred

Hi Alfred,

Nice tradition and well done your Father-in-law, a fine tank which obviously packs a big punch . Lucky you with your other presents, look forward to seeing them built up during the New Year. Well done and still with Christmas to come, you lucky person.

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur

December 7th, 2014, 4:30 pm #9

This is coming along nicely, Paul....I am really looking forward to the finished diorama. It will be spectacular with all the detail, vehicles and figures.

Cheers,

Neil

December 7th, 2014, 4:32 pm #10

Hi all,

Cheers!
This is looking great, Ilian with all the detail you are adding. Some of these diecast vehicles are really good to work with and can be made into a very nice model.

Cheers,

Neil