WEEKLY UPDATE - 6.8.2017

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

WEEKLY UPDATE - 6.8.2017

August 6th, 2017, 11:20 am #1

Consider this your invitation to reply to the WEEKLY UPDATE, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

August 6th, 2017, 11:28 am #2

I have finished the turret now and primed it ready for the painting stage, I am working on the hull and finishing detailing that. Hopefully it will all be primed and ready to paint by next week. Here is the finished turret (I have a few things, which have become apparent after priming, that need tidying up)...

Before priming...

After priming...

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome.

All the best,

Paul

“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

August 6th, 2017, 12:06 pm #3

and very cleanly placed too! Kudos to your patience and persistence.

August 6th, 2017, 2:35 pm #4

I have finished the turret now and primed it ready for the painting stage, I am working on the hull and finishing detailing that. Hopefully it will all be primed and ready to paint by next week. Here is the finished turret (I have a few things, which have become apparent after priming, that need tidying up)...

Before priming...

After priming...

All the best,

Paul
Dare I say, this is riveting. Really nice work, Paul. Tim Treadway

August 6th, 2017, 2:52 pm #5

Before priming...

After priming...

All the best,

Paul
is the box below the guns to catch brass. Must keep a tidy battlefield

Mike
Mike Durand
Windsor On
Canada

August 6th, 2017, 3:09 pm #6

Before priming...

After priming...

All the best,

Paul
...look very good!! You have done some superb work, will be interested in the rest!!
"Never forget your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!?"

August 6th, 2017, 3:21 pm #7

Consider this your invitation to reply to the WEEKLY UPDATE, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do.
...first to keep tuned up on LAVs a LAV AT;

I wanted to see how far I could go, detail wise, with out having to add bits! So I drilled out the upper hand holds & removed the excess plastic on the door handles.

Added the front end suspension/drive train to remember how it went.

The turret.

For our upcoming show a couple of kits; first the new Roden Vauxhall Ambulance;

Then the Modellcollect T-80UK; some added detail with bits & pieces and the aerial bases from Zedval;

Have also been tinkering with the new Riich 109A2;

Cheers.
"Never forget your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!?"

August 6th, 2017, 4:59 pm #8

Before priming...

After priming...

All the best,

Paul
I sure hope the items that "...need tidying up..." include sink marks on the inside of the hatches, sprue attachment points, and seam lines?

I'd hate to see your excellent rivet work marred by such basic issues.

Happy modeling,

Last edited by Jeff Nelson on August 6th, 2017, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ESSAYONS!

Jeff Nelson
AMPS #2102
AMPS Central SC "Wildcats"

August 6th, 2017, 5:20 pm #9

and very cleanly placed too! Kudos to your patience and persistence.
It was a lot of rivets from an Airfix MkI tank, I enjoy doing it and find it quite relaxing strangely.

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur

August 6th, 2017, 5:22 pm #10

Dare I say, this is riveting. Really nice work, Paul. Tim Treadway
It had to be said didn't it, I think others have made the same observation. I enjoyed doing it and it wasn't as difficult as it might appear.

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur