Thanks Stefan...

August 6th, 2017, 7:38 pm #21

Hi Paul,

This looks brilliant, sheer perseverance indeed. Have you gone cross-eyed yet? And is your Airfix Mk.1 bald yet?
With all these rivets, weathering and finishing will really make these 'pop'.

All the best
Stefan
I am looking forward to the painting and weathering stage, it will be quite exciting. I just got the A10 & A9 book by Peter Brown and have decided to do this as 'Arnold' of 1st Batallion Royal Tank Regiment, Abbassia, Egypt, May 1940 as it has interesting markings on the side of the turret. There are two sides of an Airfix Mk 1 that are virtually bald now, still a lot of, rivets left though. I will need them when I do my Marder III for the Shelf Queen Challenge later.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

Thanks John...

August 6th, 2017, 7:39 pm #22

I think this is one time i can say 'to bad its so small'
But this is braille, small is good . Just a bit more to do and then I can paint it, really looking forward to that.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

IDF M109A2 Doher and Indian Army T90S Bhishma

August 6th, 2017, 9:01 pm #23

Consider this your invitation to reply to the WEEKLY UPDATE, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do.
Hi All

I haven't actually been working on the M109A2 model recently, having put it down in March to complete the M60 AVLB. Since my last post I've finished the recoil spades and APU for the rear of the turret. The two large turret baskets have been built and the additional stowage for their ends, Jerry cans and other racking. Some new details behind the commander’s cupola plus a shovel and the antenna mount on the turret side.

The Bhishma tank is another model which has been resting in storage while the bridgelayer was finished. Although there are several T90 kits on the market since I started this project, I wanted to stick to the original plan and complete Revell conversion, especially after scratch building the turret. Now I'm working on the hull with the necessary modification for the T90.

Happy Modelling
Tim Neate

Awesome Modeling Tim!

August 6th, 2017, 11:27 pm #24

These look just great.....so much detail and so neatly done as well....great work.

Cheers,

Neil

Details

August 7th, 2017, 12:06 am #25

Hi All

I haven't actually been working on the M109A2 model recently, having put it down in March to complete the M60 AVLB. Since my last post I've finished the recoil spades and APU for the rear of the turret. The two large turret baskets have been built and the additional stowage for their ends, Jerry cans and other racking. Some new details behind the commander’s cupola plus a shovel and the antenna mount on the turret side.

The Bhishma tank is another model which has been resting in storage while the bridgelayer was finished. Although there are several T90 kits on the market since I started this project, I wanted to stick to the original plan and complete Revell conversion, especially after scratch building the turret. Now I'm working on the hull with the necessary modification for the T90.

Happy Modelling
Tim Neate
The Devil is indeed in the details. Those baskets alone are a work of art. They are a key recognition feature of the IDF's M-109. Perfect. I won't even start mine till I get them.

Brilliant work...

August 7th, 2017, 12:09 am #26

Hi All

Happy Modelling
Tim Neate
Hello Tim,

Good to see you getting these finished, especially the Bhishma. Your usual meticulous modelling is a real inspiration, so careful and neat (to be expected I suppose with a name like yours ). I look forward to seeing these two develop, very interesting builds.

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur

A9 Turret

August 7th, 2017, 5:46 am #27

I have finished the turret now and primed it ready for the painting stage, I am working on the hull and finishing detailing that. Hopefully it will all be primed and ready to paint by next week. Here is the finished turret (I have a few things, which have become apparent after priming, that need tidying up)...

Before priming...

After priming...

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome.

All the best,

Paul
Hello Paul
Well done on the detailing. Your efforts make the turret look an awful lot better and I'm pleased to see that you are enjoying the trip.

One area that I continue to be concerned with is the turret hatch. In particular, the forward section of the hatch has an excessively large periscope housing on the outer face, and no periscope at all on the inner face. I'll see what I can do for an improvement this week and will be in touch.

All the best
Dan
Dan Taylor Modelworks

"My life is like my room - I'm sure it was tidy two days ago" Alphonse Tram in the film 'Buffet Froid' 1979

Labour of love!!

August 7th, 2017, 6:08 am #28

I have finished the turret now and primed it ready for the painting stage, I am working on the hull and finishing detailing that. Hopefully it will all be primed and ready to paint by next week. Here is the finished turret (I have a few things, which have become apparent after priming, that need tidying up)...

Before priming...

After priming...

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome.

All the best,

Paul
and it really shows, nice work and demonstration of perseverance!!!

nice varied selection!

August 7th, 2017, 6:10 am #29

...first to keep tuned up on LAVs a LAV AT;

I wanted to see how far I could go, detail wise, with out having to add bits! So I drilled out the upper hand holds & removed the excess plastic on the door handles.

Added the front end suspension/drive train to remember how it went.

The turret.

For our upcoming show a couple of kits; first the new Roden Vauxhall Ambulance;

Then the Modellcollect T-80UK; some added detail with bits & pieces and the aerial bases from Zedval;

Have also been tinkering with the new Riich 109A2;

Cheers.
Whats the M109A2 like?

masterful work

August 7th, 2017, 6:31 am #30

Hi All

Happy Modelling
Tim Neate
truly inspiring