Thanks Mike...

August 6th, 2017, 5:30 pm #11

is the box below the guns to catch brass. Must keep a tidy battlefield

Mike
I think the box is to prevent any spent cartridge cases jamming the turret, not exactly sure as I can't find any description of the function of the box other than to, as you say, keep the battlefield tidy.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

Thanks Graham...

August 6th, 2017, 5:32 pm #12

...look very good!! You have done some superb work, will be interested in the rest!!
It is funny, also I should have guessed that this would be the comment about the exercise. The rest will be along presently, just some detail work before the primer and painting.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

Thanks Jeff...

August 6th, 2017, 5:36 pm #13

I sure hope the items that "...need tidying up..." include sink marks on the inside of the hatches, sprue attachment points, and seam lines?

I'd hate to see your excellent rivet work marred by such basic issues.

Happy modeling,

The sink mark will be covered by a periscope just as soon as I have details of what it looked like. The residual seam lines on the edge of the hatches is what I assume you are referring to, it will be sorted. The only attachment point I have noticed is a bit of one left on the periscope, is that what you meant? I will fix that too. Thanks for your 'eagle eyes', I missed these little points.

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur

Lots going on...

August 6th, 2017, 5:44 pm #14

...first to keep tuned up on LAVs a LAV AT;

I wanted to see how far I could go, detail wise, with out having to add bits! So I drilled out the upper hand holds & removed the excess plastic on the door handles.

Added the front end suspension/drive train to remember how it went.

The turret.

For our upcoming show a couple of kits; first the new Roden Vauxhall Ambulance;

Then the Modellcollect T-80UK; some added detail with bits & pieces and the aerial bases from Zedval;

Have also been tinkering with the new Riich 109A2;

Cheers.
Hello Graham,

That is a lot of work you have on the go there. I like the idea of cleaning up the castings so as to avoid adding after-market. I sometimes try this myself, with mixed results, but is is satisfying if you can pull it off. I saw the Vauxhall Ambulance advertised recently and having got the staff car, which is very nice, I wanted to see how this compares, it does look good. The other stuff is modern and I don't know enough to comment on them, but they do look nicely moulded kits, I look forward to seeing all this lot built up.

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur

Excellent Work, Paul!

August 6th, 2017, 5:53 pm #15

I have finished the turret now and primed it ready for the painting stage, I am working on the hull and finishing detailing that. Hopefully it will all be primed and ready to paint by next week. Here is the finished turret (I have a few things, which have become apparent after priming, that need tidying up)...

Before priming...

After priming...

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome.

All the best,

Paul
.....talk about perseverance....that is a lot of rivets and so well executed as well. Great job Paul.

Cheers,

Neil

Great Stuff!

August 6th, 2017, 5:56 pm #16

...first to keep tuned up on LAVs a LAV AT;

I wanted to see how far I could go, detail wise, with out having to add bits! So I drilled out the upper hand holds & removed the excess plastic on the door handles.

Added the front end suspension/drive train to remember how it went.

The turret.

For our upcoming show a couple of kits; first the new Roden Vauxhall Ambulance;

Then the Modellcollect T-80UK; some added detail with bits & pieces and the aerial bases from Zedval;

Have also been tinkering with the new Riich 109A2;

Cheers.
You are a busy lad Graham.....I don't know how you folks can juggle so many on the go at one time.

Cheers,

Neil

Eye watering!

August 6th, 2017, 6:09 pm #17

I have finished the turret now and primed it ready for the painting stage, I am working on the hull and finishing detailing that. Hopefully it will all be primed and ready to paint by next week. Here is the finished turret (I have a few things, which have become apparent after priming, that need tidying up)...

Before priming...

After priming...

All the best,

Paul
Hi Paul,

This looks brilliant, sheer perseverance indeed. Have you gone cross-eyed yet? And is your Airfix Mk.1 bald yet?
With all these rivets, weathering and finishing will really make these 'pop'.

All the best
Stefan
Stefan Zadziuk
IPMS 72
MAFVA 386

HAHA 😒

August 6th, 2017, 6:10 pm #18

...look very good!! You have done some superb work, will be interested in the rest!!
HAHA 😒

Quite the masterpiece

August 6th, 2017, 6:12 pm #19

Before priming...

After priming...

All the best,

Paul
I think this is one time i can say 'to bad its so small'

Thanks Neil...

August 6th, 2017, 7:28 pm #20

.....talk about perseverance....that is a lot of rivets and so well executed as well. Great job Paul.

Cheers,

Neil
It isn't that laboursome, a quiet evening or two's work, wife watching her favourite detective series' and me beavering away with slicing rivets, domestic bliss .

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur