WEEKLY UPDATE 29.4.2012....

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

WEEKLY UPDATE 29.4.2012....

April 29th, 2012, 3:26 pm #1

Consider this your invitation to reply to the Weekly Update, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do each week, for the inclusion and enlightenment of all forum visitors and regulars.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

April 29th, 2012, 3:38 pm #2

Hi Folks,

I still haven't been able to get some modelling done, I hope that I can rectify this over the coming days and maybe get something posted for this week. Meanwhile I am going to put a few pictures of a Valentine bridge-layer deploying its bridge for those who like that sort of thing. And a DD Sherman in an unusual location.

The DD Sherman, but where?

Hope this keeps you all happy, all the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

April 29th, 2012, 4:00 pm #3

Consider this your invitation to reply to the Weekly Update, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do each week, for the inclusion and enlightenment of all forum visitors and regulars.
Hi another little step,this time I start the painting with the M325 Nun Nun and the Magach 6 B Gal Batash.
Hope you like!!

Best regards

Angelo

April 29th, 2012, 4:00 pm #4

1. Finished the MK72 Marder II

http://www.onthewaymodels.com/reviews/M ... _build.htm

2. Finished a Cromwell E-75

http://www.onthewaymodels.com/reviews/C ... l_E-75.htm

3. Finished a Mad Max Sherman Convertible. (Click to enlarge)

Cheers
Rob

<a href="http://www.onthewaymodels.com/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

April 29th, 2012, 4:31 pm #5

Hi all!
This week I was an Internet orphan for about 2 days and the result is exciting: 3 Shelf Queens finished! All from the same country, from the same stable and from the same period.

The real Queen of the trio is this ZiS-8 big brass carrier (ex-city bus according to the legend), it was built long ago using the front part of an Aer/PST truck kit, the rest is scratchbuilt. I needed about 5 (say: five) years to change its steering wheel alone! After about a year in further waiting it was covered with mud at last (not much visible on the pics) so I consider it finished:

The second is the halftrack, ZiS-42M. Built OOB this kit is close to disaster, so many upgrades were made, DIY PE tracks and brushguard including. In fact I'm not sure it is really finished, I think to use it on a winter diorama so most probably the poor halftrack will end covered with snow for more fun:

I know the mud is everything but convincing at this stage but it will be upgraded later for sure.

The last is the BZ-43 refueller on ZiS-5V chassis. Based on Aer/PST kit again, with scratchbuilt body. I didn't consider it shelf queen because it was started last year and for my standards this one is really fast build:

Cheers!

April 29th, 2012, 6:36 pm #6

Hi all,

I modified the front fenders, as this type of "very early" Operation Cobra tank which I plan to do used a different configuration for the front fenders. (I've learned that from Mr. Zaloga's article about modelling the Sherman 76 mm medium tank). I used his method to transform the fenders.

The green arrow points the corrected one:

After that I glued the fender attachment strip alongside the lower edge of the hull and mounted the PE rear luggage rack and other minor improvements. The towing cable is not in its final position, just for the photo session

Cheers!

florinjenica.blogspot.com

April 29th, 2012, 8:08 pm #7

As I exeeded my photo(f)bucket bandwidth no pics untill 1st may...

As seen a few posts below this week was productive and I 've finished
The Maus turrets from the Krupp factory and the Vickers Light tank Mk VI with the PaK 40 prototype.

Also completed the PzBefWg III K. Pics to follow next month.
Also made pictures of complete collection and did a headcount and compared it with my files : the numbers were the same so no model was lost in translation so to speak.

See y 'al 'round, regards, Alfred van Netburg

April 29th, 2012, 10:27 pm #8

Hi Folks,

I still haven't been able to get some modelling done, I hope that I can rectify this over the coming days and maybe get something posted for this week. Meanwhile I am going to put a few pictures of a Valentine bridge-layer deploying its bridge for those who like that sort of thing. And a DD Sherman in an unusual location.

The DD Sherman, but where?

Hope this keeps you all happy, all the best,

Paul
Very interesting photos.... of both vehicles. Would the palm trees in the DD photos indicate PTO?

Replace .arroba. by the at symbol
Last edited by Filipe Cunha on April 29th, 2012, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 29th, 2012, 10:31 pm #9

Hi another little step,this time I start the painting with the M325 Nun Nun and the Magach 6 B Gal Batash.
Hope you like!!

Best regards

Angelo
Following your builds with interest. As a constructive comment I would say that the first M113 has a "hair" on the brown part of the cammo but it is an easy fix.

The Magach 6 B Gal Batash must be my favourite tank ever!!

Cunha

April 29th, 2012, 10:33 pm #10

1. Finished the MK72 Marder II

http://www.onthewaymodels.com/reviews/M ... _build.htm

2. Finished a Cromwell E-75

http://www.onthewaymodels.com/reviews/C ... l_E-75.htm

3. Finished a Mad Max Sherman Convertible. (Click to enlarge)

Cheers
Rob

<a href="http://www.onthewaymodels.com/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

How could you do that to a Sherman?????? Shame on you!!!!

But if turned out quite interesting. Cool project.

Cunha