WEEKLY UPDATE 27.5.2012....

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

WEEKLY UPDATE 27.5.2012....

May 27th, 2012, 6:05 pm #1

Consider this your invitation to reply to the Weekly Update, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do each week, for the inclusion and enlightenment of all forum visitors and regulars.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

May 27th, 2012, 7:03 pm #2

project so far in my modelling career...

Been busy doing more chapters for my little booklet.

Here's a sample from doing bases and buildings.

Cheers

Sven-Åke

May 27th, 2012, 7:46 pm #3

Consider this your invitation to reply to the Weekly Update, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do each week, for the inclusion and enlightenment of all forum visitors and regulars.
Hi all,

I had a very busy week, so I was unable to start painting. I added some minor details though: the rear spare track holders, the commander's vane sight on the turret, and some luggage.

Cheers,

florinjenica.blogspot.com

May 27th, 2012, 9:41 pm #4

While I'm waiting the decals for my Protected truck nº 4, I have begun this resin model of MARS. The model is excellent, perhaps the best resin model that I have seen in this scale. The pieces are very clean and sometimes you think the model is in plastic. Highly commended. The only problem for me are the assembly instructions. Complicated for a nobel modeller.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Second, a Tiger I that was made by my son some years ago. The tracks are a resin copy of the vynil ones.
[/IMG]

Regards.

Pedro.

MECHANICAL DOG
http://neloan.blogspot.com/

May 27th, 2012, 10:16 pm #5

Eduard/Extratech kit. Im not the biggest sherman fan and this is my first one since i was a teenager. I did find the build enjoyable. The model isnt 100% finished yet but i figured id show what i had been up to and why i was so quiet. I will be working on a base with a pretty derelict looking Kublewagen to go with the Sherman.I will be adding some stowage and crew to the model. The weathering is also just started on this. More streaks and fuel drips to add. I also have an Achilles, Jackson, M4A1 and a Firefly all from Extratech to build.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

May 27th, 2012, 10:34 pm #6

Hi all!
No Shelf Queens finished this week, it was busy one. However, surprisingly another project was started and those continuous earthquakes are the main reason it was started at all. Not that I'm scared of them but they made me nervous at certain moment with their constancy. So once woken up at night by the dancing earth (several times this week) I have had nothing else to do till the morning than to scratch my head making plans for the future (but in the scale life only!) One night, gazing into my cupboard, I've decided my only rail vehicle in it, the BR 52 locomotive, looks sad and lonely there, surrounded by trucks and tanks. Almost immediately I've decided also I'm tired of waithing for somebody to produce decent rail vehicle kit, of anything that has moved on rails in the WW2 period. So the very same night one freight car was started, I'll need many of them anyway, of different types, almost all freight cars used by the Deutsche Reichsbahn. The first one is a plain platform for now, I have still to decide what to do with it and the choice of bodies is really big. The standard wheelbase of 6000 mm was my choice and it wasn't by chance. Most probably this chassis will end its life as G-wagen, or closed freight car in English (a.k.a. boxcar in American).
Sorry I was longwinded, here is the chassis (could be used as platform car too): scratchbuilt, with some details made once only as masters and copied in resin:

Of course I still have to make and add some details (such like couplers, steps, etc.) but the base for the future car (type still unknown) is more or less ready.
Cheers!

May 27th, 2012, 10:42 pm #7

While I'm waiting the decals for my Protected truck nº 4, I have begun this resin model of MARS. The model is excellent, perhaps the best resin model that I have seen in this scale. The pieces are very clean and sometimes you think the model is in plastic. Highly commended. The only problem for me are the assembly instructions. Complicated for a nobel modeller.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Second, a Tiger I that was made by my son some years ago. The tracks are a resin copy of the vynil ones.
[/IMG]

Regards.

Pedro.

MECHANICAL DOG
http://neloan.blogspot.com/
Well, well, look who's moaning of a tricky kit! Are you serious, amigo? After all those superb scratchbuilds under your belt you're scared by a few pieces of Polish resin? Sorry, I can't believe it.
I have no experience with this particular kit but if you need some references on the real Lancia 3Ro let me know. Also, be careful with the tail light(s), what comes with Mars kits is usually oversized, for unknown reasons.
However, I hope for the next Weekly Update this bello Italiano will be painted yet!
Cheers!

May 27th, 2012, 10:46 pm #8

project so far in my modelling career...

Been busy doing more chapters for my little booklet.

Here's a sample from doing bases and buildings.

Cheers

Sven-Åke

Sorry, Sven. I think this one isn't the biggest nor tallest Your excellent Famo diorama is definitely bigger and the windmill is taller than the building seen here. Some day it would be probably the best, I hope.
Cheers!

May 27th, 2012, 10:47 pm #9

Hi all,

I had a very busy week, so I was unable to start painting. I added some minor details though: the rear spare track holders, the commander's vane sight on the turret, and some luggage.

Cheers,

florinjenica.blogspot.com
Dear neighbor,
I think to paint such beauty would be a crime. No more comments.
Cheers!

May 27th, 2012, 10:52 pm #10

Eduard/Extratech kit. Im not the biggest sherman fan and this is my first one since i was a teenager. I did find the build enjoyable. The model isnt 100% finished yet but i figured id show what i had been up to and why i was so quiet. I will be working on a base with a pretty derelict looking Kublewagen to go with the Sherman.I will be adding some stowage and crew to the model. The weathering is also just started on this. More streaks and fuel drips to add. I also have an Achilles, Jackson, M4A1 and a Firefly all from Extratech to build.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Hi Sean!
Your Sherman looks perfect and clean build. I mean "clean" also literally here, do you think to add some dirt, dust and mud on it? The idea with the Kubel wreck is excellent, probably also it is worth to consider some French roadsign as a hint for the place? Or your choice is another country, perhaps?
Cheers and keep the good work up!