WEEKLY UPDATE - 19.2.2016

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

WEEKLY UPDATE - 19.2.2016

February 19th, 2017, 1:07 pm #1

Consider this your invitation to reply to the WEEKLY UPDATE, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

February 19th, 2017, 4:05 pm #2

I finished to built the S model kit.

The turret is false , but don't want change .(Andrew could you contact me by mail or Facebook about your turret ?

The handle come from set of Armory ,but not to little !
the other improvement in scratch .

bye

phil

February 19th, 2017, 4:28 pm #3

...looking good! Is the Somua plate part of the S-Model etch?
"Never forget your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!?"
G = Graham.

February 19th, 2017, 4:42 pm #4

Consider this your invitation to reply to the WEEKLY UPDATE, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do.
...club contest deadline, 9.5 days!!
Got some of the really tiny details glued on!! The pedal face on the arm coming from the front of the engine compartment is about 1mm square, so Eduard gives you 3!!! Got it first try!! Too bad carpet monster!

The inside of the package box is painted & detailed (lights wiring) got to finish the outside! You can see the light guard glued to the bezel surrounding the tail light - lots of fun!!

I have been trying to get a clear shot of the tail light and it's bits but the camera won't focus on it??? Anyway it's reasonably visible here!?

Got the lower part of the engine compartment painted so basically just need to do the package box and glue it in place then add the decals.

Haven't got any work done on the Russian stuff because the other kit for the club contest is the Airfix Me-109E.
Cheers
"Never forget your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!?"
G = Graham.

February 19th, 2017, 4:47 pm #5

Hello everyone,

I have been working on several projects where I have made a lot of modifications or added superdetails. As a result, I have a lot that are in WIP status. I decided to take a break and build one out of the box. This time to practice painting and weathering. The model I chose was the Trumpeter 1/72 Russian SAM-6 Anti-Aircraft Missile - TR07109. I also have as a reference WWP books' SA-6 Gainful. I have to say that Trumpeter did a great job with this kit. Virtually no fit problems and no flash. It may be a quick build one with only a few parts but it is not lacking in detail at all. I was able to build the kit in one sitting and when I compared it to the photos, it only lacked a few details (hoses under the missiles is the most glaring). I successfully resisted replacing the molded handle bars and the radio antenna. And here are pictures of the kit done OOB.

Here it is broken up and primer was applied

I want to paint this up as Egyptian (inspiration is the featured article at Armoramahttp://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modl ... artid=7437). Here are the pictures with base color applied.

Masked for camo

Painted up with Tamiya Field Gray

Results after mask was removed.

Next step is detail painting...

Thanks,

Joseph

February 19th, 2017, 4:48 pm #6

I finished to built the S model kit.

The turret is false , but don't want change .(Andrew could you contact me by mail or Facebook about your turret ?

The handle come from set of Armory ,but not to little !
the other improvement in scratch .

bye

phil
Good build Philippe. Love all the extra bits.

February 19th, 2017, 4:49 pm #7

Hello everyone,

I have been working on several projects where I have made a lot of modifications or added superdetails. As a result, I have a lot that are in WIP status. I decided to take a break and build one out of the box. This time to practice painting and weathering. The model I chose was the Trumpeter 1/72 Russian SAM-6 Anti-Aircraft Missile - TR07109. I also have as a reference WWP books' SA-6 Gainful. I have to say that Trumpeter did a great job with this kit. Virtually no fit problems and no flash. It may be a quick build one with only a few parts but it is not lacking in detail at all. I was able to build the kit in one sitting and when I compared it to the photos, it only lacked a few details (hoses under the missiles is the most glaring). I successfully resisted replacing the molded handle bars and the radio antenna. And here are pictures of the kit done OOB.

I want to paint this up as Egyptian (inspiration is the featured article at Armoramahttp://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modl ... artid=7437). Here are the pictures with base color applied.

Masked for camo

Thanks,

Joseph
Very very nice, want it, too!
Regards,
Peter van Kempen.

Si vis pacem, Para bellum.

February 19th, 2017, 5:15 pm #8

First let me just say that the TKS is the fastest build that I have ever done, about 15 min and a lot of fun to put together. I have added the handles and the "pig tail" tow hooks and the mount for the tools, also drilled out the barrel and the muffler, cut a vision slit in the front armor and reworked the tracks a bit.

As for the Stuart, well that one is almost done. Had a problem with the decals, they just flake off the model after a few days but I fixed that with new decals. The figure is from Millicast but heavily reworked.

And with new decals and gloss coat.

Hope you like them and all comments are welcome.

February 19th, 2017, 5:19 pm #9

Hello everyone,

Masked for camo

Thanks,

Joseph
Very impressive and intricate model. The masking paid off, great paint job. Can't wait to see it finished.

February 19th, 2017, 5:41 pm #10

Lots of modifications to make it in civilian garb. Used my laser printer to make the decals. Pail and can are Armand Bayardi items and the tool set is the Bren Gun set. I plan to enter it into our local IPMS club's model car contest held annually in the spring in conjunction with a car show put on by one of the local car clubs. Should be fun again this year.

al magnus

al magnus
On the Way contributor, editor & one who has no lack of success (see definition of success below).

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill