WEEKLY UPDATE 16.11.2014....

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

WEEKLY UPDATE 16.11.2014....

November 16th, 2014, 11:15 am #1

Consider this your invitation to reply to the WEEKLY UPDATE, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

November 16th, 2014, 12:19 pm #2

Hello

New subject, Autocarretta OM 32 - AP Models 1/72

It's been a while since I wanted to try welding on photoetched and this kit is perfect for this test.

The resin is not great, some improvements are needed

The first test and modification wheel arche

Cheers

Franco
Last edited by Franco de Andrea on November 16th, 2014, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 16th, 2014, 1:55 pm #3

Consider this your invitation to reply to the WEEKLY UPDATE, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do.
Hi:

This w.e. I retook the tiny Wiesel and here you got: at this point I should say the hull is already finished.

As I had already said in my previous post about this little kit, my plan is just to add some missing details. Some are included as p.e. parts but I always replace those with styrene when I have the chance.

Not glued yet are both headlamps and side mirrors. Those will be added at the very last assembly stage as those seem to be quite tricky and fragile. You know... food for the carpet monster for sure!

Notice while it may look nice in these pics thanks to S-Models smart engineering and crisp detail, this is a faulty and unacurrate kit.

Belive me I´m not a rivet counter / nitpick modeller but this one falls into the "if it looks an apple it´s an apple..." kit class for me.

This last shot is for those not familiar with this Bundeswerh airborne devil featuring a cannon on tracks packed in the size of a VW Golf! To me, it´s the TKS tankette Rev 2.0!

Now it´s time to add some few missing details on the turret. I hope to be back with the finished assembly soon.

Regards!
Alvaro

PS After some sanding, the turret rotates freely now!
Last edited by Alvaro Rodriguez on November 16th, 2014, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 16th, 2014, 3:41 pm #4

This conversion is to the 4.2cm PaK41. Used UM barrel & spades, and scratch built the spaced outer shield. The UM kit's shield is only a single piece and much too small. Also added the "behälter für reinigungsgerät" (container for cleaning device) - the identification came from my copy of Waffen Revue no.75 - to the left leg.

al

al magnus
On the Way contributor, editor & one who has no lack of success (see definition of success below).

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

November 16th, 2014, 3:43 pm #5

Hi,

not exactly a weekly update (My last post was dated Aug 23rd...http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210/me ... inerva+A-C), but progress on my Minerva WW1 A/C has been steady. The engine has been painted and installed (it's hidden behind Tamiya tape right now) so I could start assembling all the other body parts.
Next stage : stowage boxes, lights and hatches..

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment

Marc

November 16th, 2014, 3:46 pm #6

Great work! I am very much looking forward to watching it progress

November 16th, 2014, 4:32 pm #7

1st up we have my version of his Staghound "Charger" which is based on the references I can find as no evidence exists of Monty's actual Staghound.This is a Milicast Staghound with Jeep screen and other scratch mods

Then we have the Wespe Mack Caravan, only added the DTM POL carriers to this

And then the Map caravan, still needs some tidying but will work under the penthouse tents it will have

And my next batch of figures, AB Figures British officers

November 16th, 2014, 4:33 pm #8

Hi,

not exactly a weekly update (My last post was dated Aug 23rd...http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210/me ... inerva+A-C), but progress on my Minerva WW1 A/C has been steady. The engine has been painted and installed (it's hidden behind Tamiya tape right now) so I could start assembling all the other body parts.
Next stage : stowage boxes, lights and hatches..

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment

Marc

WOW, great skills there

November 16th, 2014, 4:37 pm #9

Hi:

This w.e. I retook the tiny Wiesel and here you got: at this point I should say the hull is already finished.

As I had already said in my previous post about this little kit, my plan is just to add some missing details. Some are included as p.e. parts but I always replace those with styrene when I have the chance.

Not glued yet are both headlamps and side mirrors. Those will be added at the very last assembly stage as those seem to be quite tricky and fragile. You know... food for the carpet monster for sure!

Notice while it may look nice in these pics thanks to S-Models smart engineering and crisp detail, this is a faulty and unacurrate kit.

Belive me I´m not a rivet counter / nitpick modeller but this one falls into the "if it looks an apple it´s an apple..." kit class for me.

This last shot is for those not familiar with this Bundeswerh airborne devil featuring a cannon on tracks packed in the size of a VW Golf! To me, it´s the TKS tankette Rev 2.0!

Now it´s time to add some few missing details on the turret. I hope to be back with the finished assembly soon.

Regards!
Alvaro

PS After some sanding, the turret rotates freely now!
Looks like a snug fit for that chap! Nice work to make it better though

November 16th, 2014, 5:07 pm #10

Hello

New subject, Autocarretta OM 32 - AP Models 1/72

It's been a while since I wanted to try welding on photoetched and this kit is perfect for this test.

The resin is not great, some improvements are needed

The first test and modification wheel arche

Cheers

Franco
Hi Franco

That looks really good. I tried to make an etched brass model some years ago using glue but it was a disaster! However, I think the word you want in English is 'soldering', not welding. The same word appears to be used in French for those two processes, and it may be the same in your language too. The temperatures used in welding would, I think, reduce etched brass to a molten mass in a fraction of a second whereas soldering is a much lower temperature process.

Hope you don't mind me making this comment, hopefully helpful.

Chris