WEEKLY UPDATE 15.7.2012....

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

WEEKLY UPDATE 15.7.2012....

July 15th, 2012, 1:33 pm #1

Consider this your invitation to reply to the Weekly Update, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do each week, for the inclusion and enlightenment of all forum visitors and regulars.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

July 15th, 2012, 6:15 pm #2

Well, I should be working on the (resin) Eagle IV, but resin, sanding and.. I'm not a patient person!

So now that I'm out of my comfort zone anyway (mordern armor, etc), I'm starting a Leopard 2A5 (Danish version).

I've bought a excellent book on the subject ("The Danish Leopard 2A5", by Thomas Antonsen), and I'm working my way throught the differences. The kit is Revell's Leopard 2A5, which seems to be the most recent, and closest to the end target.

First we have the hull rear wall, the kit has 2 boxes, one on each side of the convoy light, the Danish version doesn't have these boxes, so off they go!

More here:http://inscalemodelling.com/forum/viewt ... -a5-qrf/15

regards,
Steen

Keep updated on new announcements and releases from the small scale manufacturers at http://inscalemodelling.com

July 15th, 2012, 7:37 pm #3

Consider this your invitation to reply to the Weekly Update, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do each week, for the inclusion and enlightenment of all forum visitors and regulars.
Tiger I and Lancia 3RO with the base
[/IMG]
For the CAMO I have used a paper stencil.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Best regards.

Pedro.

MECHANICAL DOG
http://neloan.blogspot.com/

July 15th, 2012, 9:33 pm #4

Hello

this week; advances on Panzerzug 99. I now have all 3 wagons ready for paint jobs, which will leave just some small details (& doors and hatches) to add, when paint job is completed

cheers
Neil

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Neil Lyall

July 16th, 2012, 8:45 am #5

from Maco
late muffler, backlight and toolbox added, rest OOB

regards from Vienna
Robert

Visit our modelling show "Go Modelling" in Military Museum in Vienna at 9/10th march 2013
www.ipms.at

July 16th, 2012, 8:48 am #6

Well, I should be working on the (resin) Eagle IV, but resin, sanding and.. I'm not a patient person!

So now that I'm out of my comfort zone anyway (mordern armor, etc), I'm starting a Leopard 2A5 (Danish version).

I've bought a excellent book on the subject ("The Danish Leopard 2A5", by Thomas Antonsen), and I'm working my way throught the differences. The kit is Revell's Leopard 2A5, which seems to be the most recent, and closest to the end target.

First we have the hull rear wall, the kit has 2 boxes, one on each side of the convoy light, the Danish version doesn't have these boxes, so off they go!

regards,
Steen

Keep updated on new announcements and releases from the small scale manufacturers at http://inscalemodelling.com
I have also 1 Leo in stock, but no reference for modern tanks.
Pls keep us updated
Regards from Vienna
Robert

Visit our modelling show "Go Modelling" in Military Museum in Vienna at 9/10th march 2013
www.ipms.at

July 16th, 2012, 9:08 am #7

from Maco
late muffler, backlight and toolbox added, rest OOB

regards from Vienna
Robert

www.ipms.at
Ah, yes, the mufflers, I forgot to replace those!

Nice subdued camo, I really like the way it looks, weathering and all.

(I really need to start painting mine)

/Steen

July 16th, 2012, 7:34 pm #8

regards,
Steen

Hi Steen,

I can sympathise with the Eagle IV, but I hope you will finish it eventually, it was an interesting build. This one should be good too, I like the look of the modern Leopard, a very purposeful tank. Obviously you are going to be doing the kit as detailed as you can and I look forward to seeing your build logs.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

July 16th, 2012, 7:36 pm #9

Tiger I and Lancia 3RO with the base
[/IMG]
For the CAMO I have used a paper stencil.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Best regards.

Pedro.

MECHANICAL DOG
http://neloan.blogspot.com/
Hi Pedro,

Two lovely models with really nice paint jobs. I may 'steal' your method with the paper mask when I come to do my Autoblinda, it has a similar camouflage in three colours. Lovely finish and I look forward with interest to the next stages of the paint job.

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur

July 16th, 2012, 7:40 pm #10

Hello

this week; advances on Panzerzug 99. I now have all 3 wagons ready for paint jobs, which will leave just some small details (& doors and hatches) to add, when paint job is completed

cheers
Neil

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Hi Neil,

Really good job on the railcar, I don't know how you are able to display all this big stuff. You must have a large area free to put your stuff, unfortunately I have to hide most of mine away in boxes due to lack of space, shame really. I shall look forward to seeing the painting stage and how you handle the weathering and detailing, nice work - well done.

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur