WEEKLY UPDATE 1.7.2012....

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

WEEKLY UPDATE 1.7.2012....

July 1st, 2012, 1:48 pm #1

Consider this your invitation to reply to the Weekly Update, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do each week, for the inclusion and enlightenment of all forum visitors and regulars.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

July 1st, 2012, 3:11 pm #2

Hi all,

I managed to finish my Sherman; now I can truly plan my vacation

Cheers!

florinjenica.blogspot.com

July 1st, 2012, 5:35 pm #3

Consider this your invitation to reply to the Weekly Update, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do each week, for the inclusion and enlightenment of all forum visitors and regulars.
Something a little more serious than Girls and Terminators. "Serious" mind I don't drink more than one beer when working in that.

Setyr from MAC, the vehicle is not completly painted yet, and pigments must be added. Just working in the base for now, to chek the interacction base-vehicle.Figures in prosses.

Tatra t57 from Attack. Working in the base. Just one figure will be there, in process now.

Constructive comments are wellcome like allways.

Carlos Pitteri

July 1st, 2012, 5:42 pm #4

Hi all,

Cheers!

Great job!. Nice to see a model lik that.
Have a good vacation.

Carlos

July 1st, 2012, 5:49 pm #5

Something a little more serious than Girls and Terminators. "Serious" mind I don't drink more than one beer when working in that.

Setyr from MAC, the vehicle is not completly painted yet, and pigments must be added. Just working in the base for now, to chek the interacction base-vehicle.Figures in prosses.

Tatra t57 from Attack. Working in the base. Just one figure will be there, in process now.

Carlos Pitteri
I like it! The bases look promising, and I like the canvas of the Tatra. BTW Your Terminator is realy cool!

July 1st, 2012, 5:56 pm #6

Just in time for the holidays as I will be in the Dordogne region of France soon with my family for the summer holiydays.

This job took much more effort than originally thought. Lots of research through pictures and other files showed this variant to be a lot different from its base, the 1/76 Matchbox PzKfw III L.

Some background info on this special Panzer III variant :

The PzBeobW III H, as its official name seems to be, was built on tanks sent back to the factory so different chassis, updates and details were used !!
It is safe to say that for sure the Ausf G, H and J were used (considering the building timeframe) and every pic I have seen at least shows the bolted-on armor plates to the front chassis, making for an Ausf H standard...

Detail varies like : zimmerit, sprocket and idler wheels, position of vision ports, different fake guns, and serveral engine and brake hatch configurations...
Also the kept turret in a (French ??) museum only has one vision port on the front of the turret.

All of them had a fake gun, central ball MG, one Stabs and one Stern antennae.

From the Panzerwrecks books no. 1 and 5 we know (sometimes) two types of errectable periscopes were used : - The small TSR-1 periscope that was also used in the PzBeobW IV H/J (see Tech Intell 1 book).
- The larger TBF-2 observation periscope. A similar periscope (named JUX 27-1605) was also found on some SdKfz 234/2 PUMA's, which, according to the Tech Intell 2 book, had a loading stencil, naming it SdKfz 234/3...!!

Both of these periscopes could be raised in full and so I did on my model, with a little commander peeking trough it (see Pzwrecks pics). Most 1/35 models do not show this feature.

If someone wonders about the crude Schurzen fixture to the turret : they were hell to fix on the model so must have been hard in reality too, hence, crude welds...

And now : on to the PzBefW III E !!!!

Advised reading and pictures : Panzerwrecks 1 and 5, Tech Intell 1 and 2 (Darlington Prod.) and the Panzertracks book on Beobachtungswagen which unfortunately I do not own...

Enjoy and see you all after the holidays, Alfred van Netburg

The small TSR-1 periscope rising from the commanders cuppola

The large TBF-2 periscope removed

Inside the turret : sliding mount and associated turret hatch for the TBF-2 periscope

The start of the project, still unaltered engine deck and brake hatch configuration.

Finished : A land submarine !! "Raise periscope XO !!"

Last edited by alfred250251 on July 1st, 2012, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 1st, 2012, 6:01 pm #7

Carlos Pitteri
That is one sticky machine you made Carlos, I hope they found a FAMO to pull it out (or to tear it apart !!).

Can you tell me more about the Tatra build. I know the Attack to be hard ones !

Well done, regards, Alfred

July 1st, 2012, 6:04 pm #8

Hi all,

Cheers!

No vacation for you sir : first you must make a base or diorama that fits your stunning build. it is way to beautiful to just sit on its own !!

Well done, it almost looks like a real one to me.

Regards, Alfred

July 1st, 2012, 9:27 pm #9

Just in time for the holidays as I will be in the Dordogne region of France soon with my family for the summer holiydays.

This job took much more effort than originally thought. Lots of research through pictures and other files showed this variant to be a lot different from its base, the 1/76 Matchbox PzKfw III L.

Some background info on this special Panzer III variant :

The PzBeobW III H, as its official name seems to be, was built on tanks sent back to the factory so different chassis, updates and details were used !!
It is safe to say that for sure the Ausf G, H and J were used (considering the building timeframe) and every pic I have seen at least shows the bolted-on armor plates to the front chassis, making for an Ausf H standard...

Detail varies like : zimmerit, sprocket and idler wheels, position of vision ports, different fake guns, and serveral engine and brake hatch configurations...
Also the kept turret in a (French ??) museum only has one vision port on the front of the turret.

All of them had a fake gun, central ball MG, one Stabs and one Stern antennae.

From the Panzerwrecks books no. 1 and 5 we know (sometimes) two types of errectable periscopes were used : - The small TSR-1 periscope that was also used in the PzBeobW IV H/J (see Tech Intell 1 book).
- The larger TBF-2 observation periscope. A similar periscope (named JUX 27-1605) was also found on some SdKfz 234/2 PUMA's, which, according to the Tech Intell 2 book, had a loading stencil, naming it SdKfz 234/3...!!

Both of these periscopes could be raised in full and so I did on my model, with a little commander peeking trough it (see Pzwrecks pics). Most 1/35 models do not show this feature.

If someone wonders about the crude Schurzen fixture to the turret : they were hell to fix on the model so must have been hard in reality too, hence, crude welds...

And now : on to the PzBefW III E !!!!

Advised reading and pictures : Panzerwrecks 1 and 5, Tech Intell 1 and 2 (Darlington Prod.) and the Panzertracks book on Beobachtungswagen which unfortunately I do not own...

Enjoy and see you all after the holidays, Alfred van Netburg

The small TSR-1 periscope rising from the commanders cuppola

The large TBF-2 periscope removed

Inside the turret : sliding mount and associated turret hatch for the TBF-2 periscope

The start of the project, still unaltered engine deck and brake hatch configuration.

Finished : A land submarine !! "Raise periscope XO !!"

I like it, a really unusual vehicle!

July 1st, 2012, 10:20 pm #10

New base for my Krasnaja Zvezda

Last edited by Augusto Versiani on July 1st, 2012, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.