waterslide decals

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

waterslide decals

June 26th, 2006, 9:19 am #1

yesterday I put waterslide decals on a model. It was painted with tamyia acrylics and given a coat of gloss to recieve the decals. when I put the decals on they just would not move anymore, so they are all wrongly placed. when I tried to move themthey broke up. Anyone has any idea how I can remove these decals without damaging the paint job.

thanks,

rob.

June 26th, 2006, 10:33 am #2

Hi Rob,try masking tape.
Steve.

June 26th, 2006, 1:37 pm #3

yesterday I put waterslide decals on a model. It was painted with tamyia acrylics and given a coat of gloss to recieve the decals. when I put the decals on they just would not move anymore, so they are all wrongly placed. when I tried to move themthey broke up. Anyone has any idea how I can remove these decals without damaging the paint job.

thanks,

rob.
Next time try some decal set first. Products like Micro Set go down first on the paint, then the decal floats on top. Makes it easier to move them around. Some decals sitck really easily, too. When you get the decal where you want it, you wick off the excess Set, and apply a drop of Micro Sol (solvent) on top, to make it shrink down tight.

Gunze has Mr. Mark Setter/Softener and even Testors has some Set and Sol.

Set and Sol can also be used to remove decals
DAVID NICKELS