Warrior's 1: scale US Ranger BAR Gunner

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Warrior's 1: scale US Ranger BAR Gunner

March 6th, 2017, 10:49 pm #1

I know this isn't armor Gents, but when you see the final dio, you'll give it a pass.

This is the last figure in the line to be painted for a "huge" 200mm dio, complete with two bikes and 5 figures. The base is going to be a logistical nightmare, but we can maker er happen. My curio cabinet may need an add on, lol.

At any rate, this last figure was a joy to work with, so well sculpted and detailed. Oils over arcylics, of course, because I'm an "oiler". A havre sack was added with straps, hands reconfigured to fit the Thompson and a strap for that, and the back was filled in where the back pack was to be installed. If you see anything besides a Thompson instead of a BAR, let me know, the dio won't be complete until winter 2018, outside summer work is my excuse. All comments welcome.

Cheers, Ski.

Last edited by Steven Zuleski on March 6th, 2017, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 6th, 2017, 11:22 pm #2

Hi Steven, this is beautifully painted. Really look forward to seeing the big picture,tremendous.

March 6th, 2017, 11:44 pm #3

I know this isn't armor Gents, but when you see the final dio, you'll give it a pass.

This is the last figure in the line to be painted for a "huge" 200mm dio, complete with two bikes and 5 figures. The base is going to be a logistical nightmare, but we can maker er happen. My curio cabinet may need an add on, lol.

At any rate, this last figure was a joy to work with, so well sculpted and detailed. Oils over arcylics, of course, because I'm an "oiler". A havre sack was added with straps, hands reconfigured to fit the Thompson and a strap for that, and the back was filled in where the back pack was to be installed. If you see anything besides a Thompson instead of a BAR, let me know, the dio won't be complete until winter 2018, outside summer work is my excuse. All comments welcome.

Cheers, Ski.
. . . assuming he will be a little more "dirty" once in the dio?

March 7th, 2017, 2:20 am #4

Hi Steven, this is beautifully painted. Really look forward to seeing the big picture,tremendous.
Thx Steve, the huge base will come along as soon as the snow flies, Oct/Nov 2017. I hate it, but I can never keep the bunker powered up in the summer, way too much outside work. But hey, at least I don't live a city, lol.

Thx for the kid words, greatly appreciated. Cheers, Ski.

March 7th, 2017, 2:22 am #5

. . . assuming he will be a little more "dirty" once in the dio?
Most certainly Tom, but I really need to wait on the base and the Euro dirt I've mixed up. It will be close to what was on my Harley. There's so many steps that need to transpire before I get back to the figures, veggies, structures, etc. Thx for the compliments, glad ya like him.

Cheers, Ski.

March 7th, 2017, 3:19 am #6

Cheers, Ski.
He has BAR ammo pouches and no Thompson magazines. Painting is super.

March 7th, 2017, 12:12 pm #7

Cheers, Ski.
ammo pouches are incorrect though...

March 7th, 2017, 4:54 pm #8

He has BAR ammo pouches and no Thompson magazines. Painting is super.
Thx Ed. I recon I should have explained the Thompson a bit more. The BAR would never have worked with him riding the Harley, http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/m ... og+of+Hogs, and a havre sack was added to hold the Thompson magazines. Not unheard of for guys to change out weapons or ditch that heavy pig either. I pondered taking those BAR magazines off long ago, but decided poetic license would be in order, and it gives a bit of interest to the scene.

Thx for the compliments Ed.

March 7th, 2017, 4:56 pm #9

ammo pouches are incorrect though...
Thx Frank, havre sack has Thompson mags.

March 7th, 2017, 6:03 pm #10

Cheers, Ski.
choices in colors are spot-on IMHO as well. You indicated dirt will be added and that is all that's missing as far as I can see. The cool thing is,all the gear makes sense and it "sits" well too. You know how much I love the "weightless gear" thing.
This will be an awe inspiring dio and worth waiting for man,
J