War Wheels GB anyone?

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

War Wheels GB anyone?

October 8th, 2010, 11:29 am #1

Gents,

September is over and the end of the year is around the corner. Time flies... but even so we have little time still for one more GB here if you guys want so. Seeing the calendar I think it can be a good plan to make a GB dedicated to wheeled vehicles because (1) there is a nice range of available kits (2) all of them are very simple and can be made comfortably in a sort time interval as well, So why not to give a try to all those Kubels, Jeeps, Tillies, Steyrs, GMCs, Blitzs, Humvees and so on? Softskins are not much popular -I know it- but they can be a very decent subject for a quick GB I believe, plus they are the true queens of the Tamiya 1/48th series too.

Said that, regulations can be the following:

1> Any wheeled vehicle in 1/48th scale can be a valid entry.
2> Deadline is December 31st, 2010.

I know some of our visitors are working on some wheeled vehicles at the moment, but I still wonder if there is enough interest on this topic.

War Wheels GB anyone?
Lu

October 8th, 2010, 12:10 pm #2

Hola Lu-san,

Can the armed reconnaissance car entry?
I do an entry in others if impossible.

Best,
Masanori Sato(Toku)

October 8th, 2010, 2:12 pm #3

Gents,

September is over and the end of the year is around the corner. Time flies... but even so we have little time still for one more GB here if you guys want so. Seeing the calendar I think it can be a good plan to make a GB dedicated to wheeled vehicles because (1) there is a nice range of available kits (2) all of them are very simple and can be made comfortably in a sort time interval as well, So why not to give a try to all those Kubels, Jeeps, Tillies, Steyrs, GMCs, Blitzs, Humvees and so on? Softskins are not much popular -I know it- but they can be a very decent subject for a quick GB I believe, plus they are the true queens of the Tamiya 1/48th series too.

I know some of our visitors are working on some wheeled vehicles at the moment, but I still wonder if there is enough interest on this topic.

War Wheels GB anyone?
Lu
Semper fidelis! ... but ...

... still not sure about the vechicle ... but probably an Opel Blitz ... hope that Italeri releases the new Puma or Sdkfz 234/1 ... they could be also VERY nice choices!

October 8th, 2010, 2:46 pm #4

Gents,

War Wheels GB anyone?
Lu
everybody knows, always i could not finish on time...
but i will try!

so which one? of course that after seeing two great model from two great modellers...
STEYR type 1500A but kommandeurwagen!..

it's over but happy fridays,
murat

October 8th, 2010, 7:30 pm #5

Gents,

War Wheels GB anyone?
Lu
Oh yes now your talking, please count me in Lu

October 8th, 2010, 8:22 pm #6

Gents,

War Wheels GB anyone?
Lu
but my choice is still a secret,

October 8th, 2010, 10:00 pm #7

Gents,

War Wheels GB anyone?
Lu
Hi Lu,
When will the group build start?
Ed

October 8th, 2010, 10:48 pm #8

Gents,

War Wheels GB anyone?
Lu
After nearly a year out of action due to a work related condition affecting my right hand I'm finally painting regularly again. I still cannot hold a paintbrush with my thumb but I have adapted my technique! I actually left three US wheeled kits incomplete due to my injury so its the perfect tonic to get me back in action. I'll post my 'WIP as at photos' at the start of the GB.
I'm sorry to have missed the Tiger GB so I'm not missing this one!

October 9th, 2010, 12:14 am #9

Gents,

War Wheels GB anyone?
Lu
I've managed another failed to finish on the Tiger GB due work, family and study commitments. I'm determined to put a good show in on the Tiger when I do finish it, but it won't get a look-in until the end of October. I have a number of wheeled vehicles I'm looking forward to building, but I am afraid they will have to wait.

Stuart

October 9th, 2010, 8:09 am #10

Gents,

War Wheels GB anyone?
Lu
I just started on a GMC Truck.....

The Duke
------------------
Talk Less, Build More
http://tinyworldofcalvingoh.blogspot.com/