War Stinks.......

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

War Stinks.......

June 10th, 2010, 6:33 am #1

......and as if the corpses weren't enough we have these two guys......( smile ):

[/IMG]

An interesting set from Verlinden. Unfortunately I can't show the peckers.

Cheers
Patrick

June 10th, 2010, 1:14 pm #2

Sorry 'bout the bad pun, but is there really a need for this sort of subject? I seem to remember that Verlinden did a similar vignette featuring SS guys a few years ago, and was severely criticized for it.

Anyway, if that's Verlinden's way of balancing the "too much German vs. Allies" issue, I think they should stick to Germans.

For what it's worth,

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada

June 10th, 2010, 2:59 pm #3

......and as if the corpses weren't enough we have these two guys......( smile ):

[/IMG]

Cheers
Patrick
I agree with Herve', why? Why do we need these? A totally useless set if you ask me.

Gino P. Quintiliani

Field Artillery --- The KING of BATTLE!!!

HeavyArty's Showcase

Last edited by Gino P. Quintiliani on June 10th, 2010, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

June 10th, 2010, 3:07 pm #4

Sorry 'bout the bad pun, but is there really a need for this sort of subject? I seem to remember that Verlinden did a similar vignette featuring SS guys a few years ago, and was severely criticized for it.

Anyway, if that's Verlinden's way of balancing the "too much German vs. Allies" issue, I think they should stick to Germans.

For what it's worth,

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada
I agree with you on that and I think Verlinden is the only company that comes up with this kind of thing. But this is a commissioned piece and I paint what my 'boss' wants. If a better subject would be more appropriate being posted here then I'm guilty as charged ( smile ). Thanks for writing.

Cheers
Patrick

June 10th, 2010, 3:21 pm #5

I agree with Herve', why? Why do we need these? A totally useless set if you ask me.

Gino P. Quintiliani

HeavyArty's Showcase

and he's is a two Purple Heart veteran. Probably for a dio scene which he himself has experienced while in the service with the US Army. I've done wounded, eating and shaving figures for him to portray the day to day things troops go through in his dios.

Cheers and thanks
Patrick

June 10th, 2010, 8:44 pm #6

I quite like the set personally

I think Hornet/Wolf do a chap having a wee too I think and a couple of others do similar figures but Im not sure which manufacturers

I see these more as a gap filler within a larger diorama than actual centre peices.

as Alfred Lord Tenison in his Charge of the Light Brigade Poem says

Theirs is not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die

Thanks
Andy

If you pull the Lion`s tail expect to get bitten

June 11th, 2010, 1:10 am #7

[/IMG]

Cheers
Patrick
It happens! While not overly appealing. I can think of a few times in 22 yrs where guys have been caught pants down that were kinda funny. Of course you had to be there to see the humor in it.
Still, I guess its all in how you depict the event.

A US veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

June 11th, 2010, 4:38 am #8

I have to say I actually like the set too and totally agree about it being a filler set on a dio rather than a centre piece as such. It also sure beats the hell out of 3000 pointing figures with maps all over again. As a guy who only builds dioramas and vignettes this kind of set is priceless, not a great concept admittedly but if your prepared to see past that then you get to appreciate the unique-ness to it and on a diorama that is always a massive advantage.
Regards
Sven

June 11th, 2010, 4:29 pm #9

[/IMG]

Cheers
Patrick
Kinda dumb, 'cause even dogs go off by themselves to take a crap.

June 11th, 2010, 9:18 pm #10

[/IMG]

Cheers
Patrick
I understand the whole commission thing, believe me I went through similar criticism little over a year ago for posting up a commission piece that my client requested that I do for him. You've done a really nice job here. What I find hilarious is that someone would want to commission a piece of one dude takin a whiz and another dude droppin the deuce! I find that completely hysterical!