Waffen SS Pz.grenadiere, Budapest relief attempt, Hungary 1945

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Waffen SS Pz.grenadiere, Budapest relief attempt, Hungary 1945

February 4th, 2012, 5:47 pm #1

Hello,
Here is my latest small vignette with two Waffen SS grenadiers, a tough veteran and a youngster from the replacements. The historical background for the scene is located somewhere around the relief attempts of Budapest in 1945 where Waffen SS divisions hold tight in vain...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hope you like it.

Radek

February 4th, 2012, 6:53 pm #2

very nice work, glad to see these finished. You paint some darned fine camouflage my friend!

Cheers, Tracy

February 4th, 2012, 8:39 pm #3

Hello,
Here is my latest small vignette with two Waffen SS grenadiers, a tough veteran and a youngster from the replacements. The historical background for the scene is located somewhere around the relief attempts of Budapest in 1945 where Waffen SS divisions hold tight in vain...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hope you like it.

Radek
The muted colors are really nice to look at. Great to see your work.

February 4th, 2012, 11:37 pm #4

Hello,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hope you like it.

Radek
And some of the best muddy ground work I have seen...well done!

Luke

February 5th, 2012, 8:03 am #5

Hello,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hope you like it.

Radek
Nice little vignette Radek. Although small, subjects like this require much thought in regards to finishing. The camouflages on the uniforms look tight.

Happy Modeling
ANPW

February 5th, 2012, 9:34 am #6

Hello,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hope you like it.

Radek
Those two faces really tells their story. An old, frustrated warrior and a newbie,lot of fear but still excited of what will happens. Great work my friend!

Best regards,
Jari

February 5th, 2012, 2:39 pm #7

Hello,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hope you like it.

Radek
..from you, Radek.

Great job on the figures and the little base.

Talk to you soon.
Rick

<a href="http://migproductions-usa.com/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

<a href="http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

February 5th, 2012, 3:25 pm #8

Hello,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hope you like it.

Radek
I've seen. No easy thing. You tell a nice story with just 2 figures,also not easy.Nice to see a Pionier also. But why the Stg44 guy with Kar98 ammo pouches?
J

February 5th, 2012, 4:59 pm #9

Hello,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hope you like it.

Radek
Thank you very much for the responses, glad you like the camo, it's rather an attempt in painting it so I guess I'll improve next time The groundwork was done with some simple acrylic resin based pasta.
Jerry, the figure was inspired by a drawing from a russian book about Waffen SS, showing a bearded grenadier with a StG on his shoulder and Mauser ammo pouches, I though it's a nice touch and gives that little special thing to a figure, some diversion.
Again thanks for the involvment and see you soon with something new.

Radek

February 6th, 2012, 4:12 am #10

Hi Radek,

Nice figures there, just one question, how do you make the beard?

Thanks
Alex