VK 4502

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

VK 4502

July 10th, 2012, 6:17 pm #1

This is the Hobbyboss kit and my first attempt at the hairspray method. I had mixed results but learned quite a few things and have since done two other models which i think turned out better. The photos are a little fuzzy i think as i messed around with the colour of the background on the PC. I used a cream coloured background and the model came out very dark so i had to brighten it up which changed the models tones somewhat. Anyway, let me know what you think.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

July 10th, 2012, 6:49 pm #2

You nailed the hairspray technique pretty well. I like it!

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

July 10th, 2012, 7:20 pm #3

This is the Hobbyboss kit and my first attempt at the hairspray method. I had mixed results but learned quite a few things and have since done two other models which i think turned out better. The photos are a little fuzzy i think as i messed around with the colour of the background on the PC. I used a cream coloured background and the model came out very dark so i had to brighten it up which changed the models tones somewhat. Anyway, let me know what you think.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thats a gem dude,talk to ya soon,zack

July 10th, 2012, 7:48 pm #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Hi
That's different!
I don't know if the officer would have leant on the muddy front with his best coat on !

Otherwise, a commendable weathering project.
But should this one have Zimm on ?

Cheers
Andrew

July 11th, 2012, 10:08 pm #5

You nailed the hairspray technique pretty well. I like it!

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/
I made the mistake of taking too much white off the model, so i tried a second coat of white over hairspray on the turret which was a bad idea. Thanks for the comment Andy.
Regard's, Dave.

July 11th, 2012, 10:10 pm #6

Thats a gem dude,talk to ya soon,zack
Thanks Zac. Call out to you soon. n/t

July 11th, 2012, 10:14 pm #7

Hi
That's different!
I don't know if the officer would have leant on the muddy front with his best coat on !

Otherwise, a commendable weathering project.
But should this one have Zimm on ?

Cheers
Andrew
Zimmerite would have ruined the lovely weld details i think. It's always a good excuse to do another one i suppose and there is the rear turret version. We shall see. Thanks for the comments Andrew.
Regard's, Dave.

July 12th, 2012, 1:58 pm #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Wow man!! That is some outrageously nice paint

July 13th, 2012, 8:40 am #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
That is brilliant

July 13th, 2012, 3:14 pm #10

Wow man!! That is some outrageously nice paint
Thanks Jerry n/t