20180811_132714.jpg

type-4-ka-tsu-with-torpedoes-a-truly-ma ... 16081.html

and started and finished a Chi-Nu by IBG:

20180811_132843.jpg

type-3-chi-nu-1-72-by-ibg-t316137.html
Cheers,
Mark

9:25 PM - Aug 12, 2018 #2

Super work by super (quick) builder. Did some quick reading from the reference page you had posted earlier, and still dont know what the japanese had planned on doing, launch from sub, go overland, then attack the landing ships from the beach?!?!? Surly there must have been an easier way for them to...

10:42 PM - Aug 12, 2018 #3

Thanks John,

I assumed that the tractors were launched outside the atoll anchorage and swim into the attack using their tracks to cross the reef if needed, and having launched their torpedoes would (rather optimistically) carry on and land to shoot up any any installations etc. I ahed not considerd the overland approach you mention, but that could have more merit as a torpedo atack from the land would not be anticipated at all! 
Cheers,
Mark

3:41 AM - Aug 13, 2018 #4

Nicely done unusual subjects Mark, and like others I'm impressed by your building speed, I yearn for retirement days and having the time to really 'knock out' some more builds.
I'm as perplexed as others about the Ka-Tsu, an oddball idea dreamt up out of desperation I'd assume.
And the Chi-Nu .... I think I missed week there, that was super quick.
You've got me looking at Japanese subjects for the future now.
Cheers Tim
Tim James
aka TJ
Styrene Manipulator.
Lover of heavy metal armour and shiny fast muscle cars.
"Slow progress is better than no progress"

7:08 AM - Aug 13, 2018 #5

Thanks TJ,

I'm not particularly fast, I just have a lot of free time. I've also been on a course of steroids (dosage has been diminishing by 1mg weekly) which reduced my need or want to sleep. Alo, in my wife's opinion at least, they made me a bit manic where modelling was concerned - so I've literally been modelling on steroids! Now that I'm on a lower dose I am increasing my sleep from 3-4 hours a day to about 5-6 hours, so no more 3am finishes!

As to Japanese subjects, they can be a bit overlooked but are different and anachronistic, plus the kits that I have come across so far seem to be quite good quality by Dragon and IBG (and for that matter Riich).
Cheers,
Mark