8:41 PM - Aug 08, 2018 #21

Is it really sad new to me. Roddy was my friend who helped me a lot mainly with our 3rd volume of AFV Photo Album book. He was a real gentleman and friend. It was a great please and honour to know him and work with him. I cannot believe this sad fact. My deepest condolance to his wife, children and close family. R.I.P. Roddy. I will never forget. I consider that life became to be more sad while I´m older and older...
Marek  

2:59 PM - Aug 11, 2018 #22

Really a sad news. Rest in peace.

12:44 PM - Aug 12, 2018 #23

This is really very sad news.
I knew Roddy through both ML and Archer, and during the past 10-15 years, we discussed
lots of subjects, mainly ofcourse German armour, since I was (still am) a mere novice on the subject,
while Roddy proved to be a great source for a variety of German AFV's, mainly the big cats.

I considered Roddy to be a real good chum, and a splendid source for information.

As Manus did already mention, Roddy was a splendid researcher which resulted in excellent sets for
Archer (both AFV's and uniforms), and his books on the Panther tank, a must for everyone interested
in the subject.

Besides that, he was also a very talented modeller, and many of us will recall his posts on CC forum.

My deepest condolences to Roddy's wife, Marie Anne, and the children.

Theo

NB I found a few nice shots of Roddy's work on my pc, showing his great eye for detail and talent for
modelling.
Roddy PaKo4.jpg
Roddy 54074705levzsH_fs.jpg

4:33 PM - Aug 12, 2018 #24

My condoleances to the family and all of his friends, its devastating to lose a guy before his time

8:44 PM - Aug 12, 2018 #25

One of life’s gentlemen, rest in peace Roddy. The world is a lesser place without you.

Paul

Thanks Roddy, you left us so much.

4:04 PM - Aug 15, 2018 #26

Since I discovered this forum of true enthusiasts in 2001 I have been admiring the leading brains, that grant this place the quality it has. I have learned so much from them, not only specific facts on history and technical detail, but also the thorough dedication, avoiding shortcuts or easy answers.
Mr MacDougall was one of them, inspiring me with his modelling and publishing work. It took me several months to get over the steep price tag on his Panther book, but it is worth every penny, as I knew when turning the pages. More than once I thought to myself "They are just making up the location, production date and manufacturer in the caption under some burnt out hulk of steel" but slowly the book told me to read the subtle signs. Thanks Roddy for having passed on all this knowledge!
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost - that is why this forum is so important.

So let´s build every model like it was our last one!

Georg Kaminski

Vienna/Austria