Mon Dieu! A Paris "Marne " taxi from ICM

10:36 PM - Jun 08, 2018 #1

ICM have announced a 1/35 1914 Paris taxi, as used to ferry troops forward to stop the German advance at the River Marne.

Now all we need is some enterprising figure company to do a driver and some Poilus crammed in the back.  I am perhaps surprised that ICM didn't launch a set too: it's the passengers that make it a Marne taxi, otherwise it's just a taxi.  Don't know if you can build it with the rear canopy down.  Sounds like another after-market opportunity if not.
TR5zGBX.jpg

8:18 AM - Jun 09, 2018 #2

Due in the UK later this month.

11:30 PM - Jul 27, 2018 #3

I hope they will make a set figures for this, and also more WW1 vehicles and guns, be it French, German or British.
And some Russian armored cars too!

5:23 PM - Jul 30, 2018 #4

I've bought one of these. It's just like the Fords they've released - superb. These taxis were used in London before the Great War (it's right hand drive, by the way!). Naturally, I'm going to build it as a London Taxi. I just need to start work on it!

4:00 PM - Aug 11, 2018 #5

I had a look in the box of one at the Avon IPMS show last weekend, but elected to spend my ££ on a CSM Lanchester instead.  Certainly looked nice.

Does anyone know what colour Paris taxis were at the time? Was there a standardised colour, or could owners choose their own?  Although scarlet with yellow wheels and chassis seems a bit bright, that is the colour scheme of the one preserved at Musee de l'Armee.  Period photos, however, seem to show a dark colour: black or dark blue, perhaps?  Yes, I know that discerning colour from old b/w photos is troublesome - but I seem to remember the shade more closely matching the poilus blue jackets than their scarlet trousers.

9:53 PM - Aug 12, 2018 #6

According to the text, this restored genuine "Taxi de la Marne" has been accurately repainted in 2005 :

http://www.musee-armee.fr/collections/b ... marne.html

Here's how it looked before the 2005 restoration. It belonged to the "Compagnie Française des Automobiles de Place" (later known as "G7") :

But green appears to be a valid option :

According to this article, the Renault taxis built before 1912 were painted red, those built  after 1912 were green...The pictured taxi belonged to the "Compagnie Générale des Voitures de Paris"

H.P.

5:03 PM - Aug 17, 2018 #7

Also, it woud appear the pre 1912 they were right hand drive.