Vallejo paint match for a Mark IV

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

Vallejo paint match for a Mark IV

July 18th, 2012, 9:22 pm #1

Hello,

I recently began building a Mark IV from Emhar that has been hanging around the stash for a while. I have decided to focus on the finish of the tank rather than become concerned with the accuracy. It will be the only WW I tank in an otherwise post-WWII armor collection. My question is about the colors. Does anyone have an equivalents for the British brown for the Vallejo line? And I would also be interested if anyone could give me some help with colors for a captured Mark IV used by the Germans. I am clueless about WWI armor other than it looks very cool sitting next to my M1A1!

Thanks!

July 26th, 2012, 3:46 am #2

And be advised I am only a small time Vallejo user and this isn't any negative comment on the quality on Vallejo's, which is actually great in my opinion.
But perhaps use 826 Cam. Medium Brown as a base coat (only) And then use something like 70921 English Uniform (yep) as your main colour and lighten accordingly or however you to your techniques.

Caveat. Please be advised that I have no specific or scientific formula for the actual colour, but these two are actually 2 Vallejo's that I have that are in the ball park so to speak.

July 27th, 2012, 4:37 am #3

I appreciate the information, I will give the two colors a try and see how it works.

Thanks, Quinn