Vallejo colours for US WWII Uniforms and equipment

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

Vallejo colours for US WWII Uniforms and equipment

April 22nd, 2012, 12:36 pm #1

Hey guys,

I not much of a figure painter, so I could really need your expert help!

I'm putting together a Vallejo Model Colour "paint kit" for US WWII figures and equipment.

I have gone to great lenghts to ensure that my vehicles are the right colour, so I'm looking for the most accurate Vallejo colours (Model Color Range) for US WWII Uniforms and equipment.

Referring to Henri-Paul Enjames "Goverment Issue" Volume I, I have come to the conclusion that most cloth items were in fact either OD#3 or OD#7.

I want to be able to paint both new, a bit worn, and very faded uniforms and gear, so I will need to get at least 3 different Vallejo colours for both OD#3 and OD#7. Which are the most accurate?

Also, which 3 Vallejo colours are most accurate for the different shades of brown seen on boots, tankers helmets, pistol holsters etc.?

Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Christian

April 22nd, 2012, 11:41 pm #2

About four years ago I got an excel spread sheet that has a color combo for vallejo paints. I can send it to you if you would like.

CJ Towers

April 22nd, 2012, 11:42 pm #3

Hey guys,

I'm putting together a Vallejo Model Colour "paint kit" for US WWII figures and equipment.

I have gone to great lenghts to ensure that my vehicles are the right colour, so I'm looking for the most accurate Vallejo colours (Model Color Range) for US WWII Uniforms and equipment.

Referring to Henri-Paul Enjames "Goverment Issue" Volume I, I have come to the conclusion that most cloth items were in fact either OD#3 or OD#7.

I want to be able to paint both new, a bit worn, and very faded uniforms and gear, so I will need to get at least 3 different Vallejo colours for both OD#3 and OD#7. Which are the most accurate?

Also, which 3 Vallejo colours are most accurate for the different shades of brown seen on boots, tankers helmets, pistol holsters etc.?

Thanks,
Christian
About four years ago I got an excel spread sheet that has a color combo for vallejo paints. I can send it to you if you would like.

CJ Towers

April 23rd, 2012, 12:15 am #4

Hey guys,

Thanks,
Christian
This site was posted a few years ago. This is the US page but go to the home page and then check guides. They've got allied and axis guides (as well as a viking guide) using Vallejo paints. http://www.artizandesigns.com/guides/Fa ... 100525.pdf

Eric

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.
Calvin and Hobbs 1990

Calvin and Hobbs 1990

April 23rd, 2012, 5:58 am #5

CJ Towers
Thx. CJ - I would like that very much! n/t

April 23rd, 2012, 6:04 am #6

This site was posted a few years ago. This is the US page but go to the home page and then check guides. They've got allied and axis guides (as well as a viking guide) using Vallejo paints. http://www.artizandesigns.com/guides/Fa ... 100525.pdf

Eric

Calvin and Hobbs 1990
Thx. for the tip, Eric. Very usefull! n/t

April 23rd, 2012, 7:58 pm #7

Thx. CJ - I would like that very much! n/t
Mr. Towers Would it be possible for me to get that also?

Thanks

Tom

April 24th, 2012, 5:55 am #8

CJ Towers
thx. Please send me the sheet! :)

April 24th, 2012, 11:10 pm #9

Hey guys,

Thanks,
Christian
Sure sorry I didnt get back sooner.

CJ Towers

May 8th, 2012, 12:43 pm #10

CJ Towers
please!! i would like to get the spread sheet too n/t