valentine II

The first topic for Missing-Lynx new Group Build Forum is British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII, hosted by Nick Cortese. This topic will run until February 2010, so you will have plenty of time to finish your Allied vehicles.

valentine II

January 30th, 2010, 8:46 am #1

Here is the 1/35 Valentine II completed as previously advised it is the Maquette kit with an Accurate Armour replacement turret and wheels with Eduard photetch, Moskit exhaust and Fruil tracks. Markings are from the spares box.

Thanks for looking

Fred Coulson

January 30th, 2010, 10:10 am #2

Fred, do you have a photo ref for the placement of the Bren box on the front left turret? I am researching Valentine and don't recall seeing one there...or is it conjectural?

DT

January 30th, 2010, 10:42 am #3

Dick, I agree with you I have never seen a photo with box on the front LH side, just followed Accurate Armours instruction sheet.

I only put it back just before I photographed because I had left it off as I had not been able to confirm placement. Then at last minute decided What The!

Best of luck with your research

Fred

January 30th, 2010, 3:04 pm #4

Here is the 1/35 Valentine II completed as previously advised it is the Maquette kit with an Accurate Armour replacement turret and wheels with Eduard photetch, Moskit exhaust and Fruil tracks. Markings are from the spares box.

Thanks for looking

Fred Coulson
Fred,
I like the colors. Blends in well with groundwork.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

January 31st, 2010, 12:15 pm #5

Jim, I was surprised when I put it all together just how well the tank blended into the scenery. It seemed to be an effective camoflage in that type of setting.

Fred C

Chris Meddings
Chris Meddings

January 31st, 2010, 10:27 pm #6

Thanks for looking

Fred Coulson
a great Valentine Fred, and nice to see one in something other than desert colours. Will you be getting the new one?

Chris

January 31st, 2010, 10:46 pm #7

for your coments. I will get the new Valentine when it comes out and as I am doing a serious rebuild on a very bad Maquette Archer I bet they bring one out just as I finish it.

Thanks

Fred

ps i am about to start a scratcbuild of a Black Prince just watch one come out as a kit!!!!

:->

11a

February 7th, 2010, 12:23 pm #8

Thanks for looking

Fred Coulson
Hi Fred,

Looks the business.

Al

February 7th, 2010, 11:32 pm #9

Thanks for looking

Fred Coulson
Very good work on the old Allan kit. The AA turret is great and I like the european camo very much.
Regards
Gilles(Lostiznaos)

February 8th, 2010, 6:43 am #10

Thanks for looking

Fred Coulson
The old Allan kit does scrub up reasonably well and the AA turret and Fruil tracks are a great improvement on the original.

I decided on the European scheme as everything else I found on the WWW was Middle East and I like to be a little different when possible.

I am curious to see how the Miniart one will turn out when it arrives on the scene.

In the meantime I have been given an already built Maquette Archer 17pdr which is in need of a desperate rebuild as it was such a dog of a kit.

Thanks guys

Fred