VAB VTT 4x4 finished

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

VAB VTT 4x4 finished

June 15th, 2012, 5:44 pm #1

Just posted my VAB VTT 4x4 by Heller with Extra Tech resin and P.E. upgrades.

I stalled on this kit about 5 years ago, frustrated with how difficult the small metal
parts were to deal with. A couple years later I realized my eyesight had changed
and I needed glasses! I finally finished the kit this month and with the aid of reader
glasses and digital photography I can really see how sloppy some of the work was.
The alignment of some of the metal parts is really sketchy. That's my excuse anyway.
Hope you enjoy anyway.

Lots more photos and details here:
http://www.kgwings.com/vab/vab.html

What next?
Keith

June 15th, 2012, 6:24 pm #2

Great job Keith! Haven't been on KGWings in a while, You really have some great work there!

Thanks for sharing your work!

Matt

June 15th, 2012, 6:37 pm #3

I stalled on this kit about 5 years ago, frustrated with how difficult the small metal
parts were to deal with. A couple years later I realized my eyesight had changed
and I needed glasses! I finally finished the kit this month and with the aid of reader
glasses and digital photography I can really see how sloppy some of the work was.
The alignment of some of the metal parts is really sketchy. That's my excuse anyway.
Hope you enjoy anyway.

What next?
Keith
Bravo for your good job !

Patrick

June 15th, 2012, 7:01 pm #4

Hope you enjoy anyway.

What next?
Keith
A great job on this kit. I built 4 of them and I know how hard it is to finish

June 16th, 2012, 3:14 am #5

Hope you enjoy anyway.

What next?
Keith
Well Keith, you just proved again that with some TLC and patience, creating that "silk purse" is possible.

Great job and thanks for the inspiration.

Wayne

(Now if somebody would just do a conversion for the VCI T.20 version, I'd be a happy man.)

June 16th, 2012, 9:50 am #6

Hello Wayne

Azimut do this conversion:

http://www.phpshopxml.com/azimut.shop/C ... e/AZI72008

I use the 20mm gun on another ADV mini VAB. It's very thin and fragile but well reproduced by Azimut.

June 17th, 2012, 5:05 am #7

Great job Keith! Haven't been on KGWings in a while, You really have some great work there!

Thanks for sharing your work!

Matt
I don't build all that fast so you've probably got the right idea by not visiting my site too often.

Thanks for the kind words,
Keith

June 17th, 2012, 5:06 am #8

Bravo for your good job !

Patrick
Thanks Patrick!

June 17th, 2012, 5:13 am #9

A great job on this kit. I built 4 of them and I know how hard it is to finish
Arnoud,

Did you happen to build any of your VAB in Euro camouflage like I did?
If so did you find decals for the large round ID numbers that belong near the front? I decided to leave them off but am keeping my eye out for something suitable.

Thanks for the kind words,
Keith

June 17th, 2012, 7:32 pm #10

Well Keith, you just proved again that with some TLC and patience, creating that "silk purse" is possible.

Great job and thanks for the inspiration.

Wayne

(Now if somebody would just do a conversion for the VCI T.20 version, I'd be a happy man.)
Thanks Wayne!

I second the motion on the VCI T.20... I'll start holding my breath now.

Keith