USMC M1A1 2004

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

USMC M1A1 2004

January 24th, 2012, 12:16 am #1

Hello

Here is my latest model of A USMC tank in training. For the model I used the Dragon Aim kit. I converted it to a Marine Corp tank with scratch build parts and some bits from the Tamiya M1A2 kit,the gear in the trunk is from Legend and some scratch bits. The tank is Brovo 3-1 in Kuwait in 2004. Thanks to Mike Mummey for sending me some details on B3-1 and some images of the tank. I hope you like it.

Last edited by c2jerrett on January 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 24th, 2012, 1:31 am #2

Man, that looks great, looks like it has had a hard time and is covered in all types of dirt, and rust!! Really well used, abused and dirty, I like it!!
I hope I can get a similar (but less worn look) on mine, and as good a result.
Well done,
Shane
Last edited by ShaneGowan on January 24th, 2012, 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 24th, 2012, 3:48 am #3

Hello

Here is my latest model of A USMC tank in training. For the model I used the Dragon Aim kit. I converted it to a Marine Corp tank with scratch build parts and some bits from the Tamiya M1A2 kit,the gear in the trunk is from Legend and some scratch bits. The tank is Brovo 3-1 in Kuwait in 2004. Thanks to Mike Mummey for sending me some details on B3-1 and some images of the tank. I hope you like it.

Congrats, Chris; this is beautiful work!

Cheers, Tracy

January 24th, 2012, 4:37 am #4

Hello

Howdy Chris, that hog really looks the part. I like the rope around the right SGL and the Reaper on the Smoke Grenade Box. You need to add the horizontal Platoon Commander stripe to the starboard side of the gun tube. And it is Mummey with an "e" thank you. Great job all around, I like it.
Outta here, Mike sends . . .
Last edited by Michael Mummey on January 24th, 2012, 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 24th, 2012, 5:01 am #5

Hello

January 24th, 2012, 6:21 am #6

Hello

Nice job Chris, that thing is filthy!

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andyksmodelblog.blogspot.com/

January 24th, 2012, 6:23 am #7

Hello

One of the best Abrams i've seen.. or one of my own personal favorites anyway.

http://www.bhop73.com/main

January 24th, 2012, 6:45 am #8

Hello

Feel free to chime in Mumbo, but I believe that would be B-31, not B3-1. I guess the Marines could have some new bumper markings I'm not aware of.

January 24th, 2012, 7:50 am #9

Hello

I must say that is beautiful. Well done Chris!

matt

January 24th, 2012, 8:54 am #10

Hello

I am not a fan of modern stuff, but this one looks great!

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/