USA Self Propelled Howitzer M53 in 1/72 from OKB Grigorov

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

USA Self Propelled Howitzer M53 in 1/72 from OKB Grigorov

July 11th, 2012, 8:44 am #1

Check the shiny thing attached to the turret:)

July 11th, 2012, 1:54 pm #2

Dear Georgi,

I am happy to see that you have included a turned metal barrel in the kit ; it would be great if you could include metal barrels in future kits and also as separate items (as accessories) for the kits you have already produced.

Although these metal barrels could increase the total price, I prefer them, because, when the resin barrel is long, there is always a risk of a warping part (even when fixing it with hot water).

I hope to see more metal barrels included in your kits for the future !

Keep up the good work with your kits !

All the Best,

Jean-Charles DANIS

July 11th, 2012, 2:15 pm #3

Hi,
We plan to proceed with the metal barrels, but only as part of our kits, no separate sets. Today I receive 3 new types of barrels. For M55 and for two other tanks, 3 more types are in production.
As for the price- I do not calculate them, so they are kind of bonus. And as such they are not officially part of the kit, so if something happen and we are not able to proceed adding themwell we will stop, without need of further notice:) Of course this is just back door in case of emergency.