Update on my Allied Power Chaffee...

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Update on my Allied Power Chaffee...

June 3rd, 2009, 5:55 pm #1

Hi Lads;

Since my last update, I have changed the gun on my Chaffee to a turned 75mm for the Hetzer from RB models, and I added a bit of stowage to the rear of the hull.

The RB gun is Gorgeous! I highly recommend them;

The base colours are on, and some light modulation. The next several weathering steps will tone the harsh shading down quite a bit...

More to come soon, all comments are, of course, more than welcomed, and keep up all the great AP builds.

Cheers Folks, Pat

June 3rd, 2009, 6:06 pm #2

Hi Pat,

I like your US Olive Drab, can you give us the receipt?

Cheers,
Jose

June 3rd, 2009, 6:07 pm #3

Hi Lads;

Since my last update, I have changed the gun on my Chaffee to a turned 75mm for the Hetzer from RB models, and I added a bit of stowage to the rear of the hull.

The base colours are on, and some light modulation. The next several weathering steps will tone the harsh shading down quite a bit...

More to come soon, all comments are, of course, more than welcomed, and keep up all the great AP builds.

Cheers Folks, Pat

Hi Pat,

I like your US Olive Drab, can you give us the receipt?

Cheers,
Jose
Last edited by inkisi on June 3rd, 2009, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 3rd, 2009, 6:09 pm #4

Hi Lads;

Cheers Folks, Pat

Pat,

You made the right decission by changing the gun barrel because the Chaffee looks much better now, well done. Also love the base coat. This will become one winner, amigo.

Keep us posted.
Lu

June 3rd, 2009, 6:18 pm #5

Hi Lads;

Cheers Folks, Pat

Another stunner from you. Looking forward to more

Cheers mate
Sven

June 3rd, 2009, 8:09 pm #6

Hi Lads;

Cheers Folks, Pat

its looking like another winner there pat.Are you going to do a winter finsh one ?.Keep up the good work mate .Ive got a ?for too,what is the best sherman book for drwawings and detail info that is readly available .Thanks pat and keep up the good work

June 3rd, 2009, 8:09 pm #7

Hi Lads;

Cheers Folks, Pat

its looking like another winner there pat.Are you going to do a winter finsh one ?.Keep up the good work mate .Ive got a ?for too,what is the best sherman book for drwawings and detail info that is readly available .Thanks pat and keep up the good work

June 3rd, 2009, 9:05 pm #8

Hi Lads;

Cheers Folks, Pat

Wonderful construction, Pat - Signature tight, excellent workmanship. The base colors looks great as well, lots of depth and interest.

This is one to look out for at the end.

Rick

http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/

June 3rd, 2009, 9:08 pm #9

Hi Lads;

Cheers Folks, Pat

Such a cool vehicle!!

I always loved that "little Panther". I´ll follow your post with great interest.

I really like the modulated base color

June 3rd, 2009, 9:43 pm #10

Hi Lads;

Cheers Folks, Pat

So cute!

Antonio

www.afvplanet.com

https://www.facebook.com/AFVPlanet/