Trumpter BRDM-2

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

Trumpter BRDM-2

July 13th, 2012, 2:39 pm #1

I see that the new Trumpeter BRDM-2 is out. Has anyone seen one? I figure it has got to be better than the DML. I was just curious if this is a out of the box build or one where you have better had some extra plastic laying around.

July 13th, 2012, 5:16 pm #2

I have one and it has a fairly complete interior from the engine bulkhead forward.  Taping major parts together show no issues yet.  I will replace the vinyl tired wheels though.

Regards,

Saúl García
Last edited by sharkmouth on July 14th, 2012, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 14th, 2012, 1:38 pm #3

Looks like I wil have to get one. I did not realize it was coming with an interior. I guess I wasted the money on the AEF design one I just boought, oh well.

July 14th, 2012, 3:41 pm #4

I have one and it has a fairly complete interior from the engine bulkhead forward.  Taping major parts together show no issues yet.  I will replace the vinyl tired wheels though.

Regards,

Saúl García
a big twitchy to think what the BMP-1 will have lurking in the box

Anto

July 14th, 2012, 7:56 pm #5

Regards,

Saúl García
Saul,
My kit from Sprue Bros just arrived and I noticed on the instructions it says to "repair" on Steps 1 and 2. Any clue what they want me to do there? Otherwise it looks like a nice kit but I'll replace the tires as well.

r/
Jeff

July 14th, 2012, 11:30 pm #6

Regards,

Saúl García
Saul,
thanks a million for the sprue shots. Those tires look very, very nice!

Sean

July 15th, 2012, 1:41 am #7

Saul,
My kit from Sprue Bros just arrived and I noticed on the instructions it says to "repair" on Steps 1 and 2. Any clue what they want me to do there? Otherwise it looks like a nice kit but I'll replace the tires as well.

r/
Jeff
but used the word repair.

Regards,

Saúl García

July 15th, 2012, 3:59 am #8

Fill in the holes. I have had the kit since Weds. And perused the instructions and saw that too. Looked at the hull top and they are indentations.

This is the "Early" version do I wonder if they are for a later variant? Nice to see modern getting some love. And modern Russian as of late. A lot of great vehicles there.

Hope this makes sense.

Matt

July 15th, 2012, 5:27 am #9

Regards,

Saúl García
is really nice!!

do you have the price of this kit?

cheers.

July 15th, 2012, 10:34 am #10

Fill in the holes. I have had the kit since Weds. And perused the instructions and saw that too. Looked at the hull top and they are indentations.

This is the "Early" version do I wonder if they are for a later variant? Nice to see modern getting some love. And modern Russian as of late. A lot of great vehicles there.

Hope this makes sense.

Matt
I guess they used repair instead. Thanks for the correction.

Saúl García