It's time for the fourth instalment of my SU-152 tweak list, and the madness continues! The kit's mantlet had always bothered me a bit, and when I received a Tamiya ISU-152 I could finally compare it to the mantlet from that kit. The results were a little shocking, and I decided to modify the ISU mantlet and fit it to my SU.
I also started work on the running gear, and as you can see in the pictures, the sprockets are pretty crappy compared those from Trumpeter's earlier KVs. I wish Trumpeter would have used the CAD files from their other KVs for this kit; the new kits (SU-152, KV-1S, KV-85) are less refined in just about every aspect.
I always enjoy the workmanship in your posts, but I really have to say the sprue casting numbers are fantastic. You're a true master, thanks for sharing your work with us.