Trumpeter IS-4 mod.1946

March 4th, 2017, 12:44 am #1

Hi all,

Here's my IS-4 from Trumpeter with barrel from RB , PE from Voyager and metal tracks from whom I couldn't find a proper English name (It's a Chinese local workshop named Tiejialong).

Many of the detail modifications made are inspired by Adam Wilder and his magnificent Obj. 701 build. A hefty amount of drilling and sanding was required to mate the barrel to the mantlet. I corrected the MG mount ring, replaced all handles with brass wire, and remade casting textures and welding seams. A decision was made to omit the skirts on the sides to make the tank more intimidating. It was painted and weathered using Mig AMMO series.

March 4th, 2017, 1:10 am #2

This is absolutely outstanding well done !!!!!

Tool brackets

March 4th, 2017, 7:35 am #3

Hi all,

Here's my IS-4 from Trumpeter with barrel from RB , PE from Voyager and metal tracks from whom I couldn't find a proper English name (It's a Chinese local workshop named Tiejialong).

Many of the detail modifications made are inspired by Adam Wilder and his magnificent Obj. 701 build. A hefty amount of drilling and sanding was required to mate the barrel to the mantlet. I corrected the MG mount ring, replaced all handles with brass wire, and remade casting textures and welding seams. A decision was made to omit the skirts on the sides to make the tank more intimidating. It was painted and weathered using Mig AMMO series.

Certainly striking. The tools look as though they were added after being painted but the brackets that secure them are part of the vehicle and should surely be green therefore? I might consider reducing the contrast between some of the highlights such as the front trackguard brackets and the surrounding area, which looks a bit extreme to me. Still, no reason for anyone to take painting advice from me.
Last edited by Robert Lockie on March 4th, 2017, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Outstanding

March 4th, 2017, 1:53 pm #4

Hi all,

Great work of construction, but the painting and weathering are fantastic.
http://steeltankspower.blogspot.com

It takes a lot of skill to make

March 4th, 2017, 2:20 pm #5

Hi all,

a monotone vehicle have a lot of interest to it and you did it brilliantly !
J

Awesome Finish !

March 4th, 2017, 4:24 pm #6

Hi all,

Tremendous paint job. Wonderful varying tones of green, exceptional effort. Well done

Impressive paint job.

March 4th, 2017, 10:01 pm #7

Hi all,

Hi
But I suggest painting the bracket over the spade in green not black.

Cheers
Andrew

Re: Impressive paint job.

March 5th, 2017, 12:10 am #8

That's my oversight. I didn't realize it's the cover of the spade.