July 1st, 2018, 9:33 pm #21

I went to the Passchendale museum last year and really liked it. I took lots of photos of course.
Thanks Pieter

July 2nd, 2018, 7:05 am #22

Sorry Paul. Regarding LEDs.. I do dabble but am no expert, We use lots at work and I have a colleague who is smart with electrics. I can grab left-overs from jobs. But they are not rocket science and it's all low voltage, so shouldn't be dangerous. (Saying that one guy who worked for us stripped back the plastic cover on the wires too much and when the wires were pulled , it made a short circuit that nearly caught fire!) I'll try to help but can't promise!
Andy

July 4th, 2018, 7:10 am #23

Life is still busy, but getting quieter. (The house is turning into a home again - it has ceilings and everything's being prepared for paint.)
What time I have had is being spent building a website.
Getting photos on here is complicated - like most of my present life! I take photos at work, can only load and reduce them at home and then only have time during breaks at work to put them online. I will blog, when time permits! I'll also let you know when the website goes live. It should be soon now. (Yes, the website has tutorials.)

And Mike Butler has started work on my shaving figure. He's having to do all sorts of preparation work which I am too impatient for! He's an absolute perfectionist - and it shows in the quality of his work!
Andy

July 10th, 2018, 10:49 pm #24

Thanks for the confidence booster regarding LED's Andy,  its Great to hear you have a website too. Magazines are slowly giving way to tech I suppose, but hey thats life lol
Paul

August 10th, 2018, 7:11 am #25

I'm back in my own house at last but have so much to do on it. I don't have much energy for my own models.
Mike (the Kiwi) Butler has been painting a Tommy's War figure that I converted for one of my sections. Mike's painting is nothing short of amazing, so I'm really delighted to be working with him. As you look at these photos remember that this is a 54mm figure!
Andy IMG_4886.JPG IMG_4998.JPG

August 10th, 2018, 12:45 pm #26

704020.jpg 666188.jpg 703755.jpg 703908.jpg 703909.jpg 707540.jpg 708553.jpg The original figure was a Tommy's War artilleryman - see box art for his original pose. I've created a lot of equipment for this guy, which Mike will paint also (There's no chance of me matching his painting skills!) I made a set of webbing from lead sheet and styrene with copper wire buckles. I used a Tommy's War satchel and water bottle for this. I sculpted a jacket and Lemon Squeezer hat for him in Magicsculpt - He's a Kiwi so the hat helps identify that. (Some Kiwis had brown shirts, rather than the usual grey.) All the little tools were carved in styrene except the spoon and fork, which are Historex spares. The guy sits in an improved shellhole, which were used instead of starting from scratch. They linked a few holes together with shallow scrapes. Some were designated as sumps to put water in, so that the ones you lived in were a little dry. But you could only get out of the group of holes at night time, so everything had to be done there in the hole like shaving.
If you're interested in how I made the bits, then I have a tutorial on my website here... https://andybelseymodels.wixsite.com/my ... -equipment
Andy

August 10th, 2018, 4:16 pm #27

Amazing attention to detail as usual and Mikes painting skills are almost beyond belief, glad to hear you are back in your house.
Paul