Trading on this Discussion Group...

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Trading on this Discussion Group...

October 1st, 2016, 11:53 am #1

I have noticed a number of posts regarding trading stuff on the DG and would like to make a few observations. Firstly, the place for trading on the Forum is the Private Vendors section, so, to be pedantic, that's where all the requests for trade should be made.

However, back in 2013 Elliott Winthrop asked if we could run our own 'Trading Post', as our little community would be lost among the 1/35 stuff...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210/message/1371834167

I asked Brett Green if this was ok for us to do and he said that he had no objections. The 'Trading Post' was then conceived...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210/thread/1372278927

The rules are very simple and basically common sense...

Rules:
1) This is about trading items that you have, or want, with other members of the DG, including full kits or just some spare parts.
2) Please when you post include the email the fellow trader can contact you with,
then email each other privately after the first contact.
3) As a courtesy Please email the sender that you have received you parcel ASAP.
4) The Swap Meets are based on goodwill & if postage becomes prohibitive
Or for any other reason one party wants to pull out please let them do so freely.
5) To help keep the Threads tidy, Please start your Message Title with one of the 3 words, Want: Swap: Free:
6) When you sign off your post can you add your Country/Location to help people offering a trade to consider postage first.

Elliott ran this feature for two years and did an admirable job of it, the last post was in early 2015. He was unable to continue with running it due to various commitments and so it has been left - until now.

As there seems to be a need for people to offload stuff, or obtain hard to get items I will be resurrecting the 'Trading Post', it will appear every Tuesday and I would ask that any trade or swap be posted there and not on the actual DG. Hopefully this will prove a useful item, as it did when running before. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.

All the best,

Paul

Last edited by PAUL GILES on October 1st, 2016, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

October 1st, 2016, 3:49 pm #2

This trading post on Tuesdays will be on the private sellers forum, not here?
We should put our mailing addresses in the post, like this one?

Thank you!

October 1st, 2016, 4:08 pm #3

Seems pretty clear to me, especially if you'd clicked on the links. The post is here, otherwise it would get 'lost' as was mentioned and yes you need to include your email address so any buyers/sellers can get a hold of you.

"2) Please WHEN YOU POST INCLUDE THE EMAIL the fellow trader can contact you with,
then email each other privately after the first contact"

October 1st, 2016, 5:14 pm #4

This trading post on Tuesdays will be on the private sellers forum, not here?
We should put our mailing addresses in the post, like this one?

Thank you!
There is no need to post an actual mailing address, it is actually against the forum rules, that should be sorted out via email with the participants. I will post the first 'Trading Post' on Tuesday and then every week thereafter here on the DG.

Cheers,

Paul
Last edited by PAUL GILES on October 1st, 2016, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

October 2nd, 2016, 6:46 pm #5

Thank you Mike for your graciousness.