To Grant, 9 Kp

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

To Grant, 9 Kp

imw

January 16th, 2012, 1:59 pm #1

Grant,

The former commander of the Tiger, described to a friend of mine a situation which was to good to be true. The Commander of the Tiger stated that the Berge-Panther had just pulled up in front of the Tiger when he ordered the crew to bail out, as the Russians were nearly on top of them. The Commander of the Tiger was also the Komapanie Chef. The Kompanie Chef also stated, they lost 2 Tigers on the 16.3.45 near Mor. The Russians do report knocking out 2 Tigers on the 16.3.45 along the Felso.Psz-Csakbereny road.

I might have a story to tell about the Tiger with the trophy number 308a as well, which might clear some confusion. At the moment this Tiger might be along the Csakbereny-Felso.Psz road. The Kompanie Chef in Question is not SS-Ostuf Wenke. The Officer in question is very much alive and I was very lucky to get 3 hours of this Gentlemans time.

Cheers Mike

January 16th, 2012, 2:52 pm #2

thanks anyway for this information and I also really would like to hear the story about 308a

Oliver

imw

January 16th, 2012, 3:40 pm #3

Oliver,

I was in a hurry, saw Grants name and replied after readinfg the latest post on TIF. Anyway, simply put if I can get a fourth source to confirm that 3 Tigers were knocked out in Krusze on the 19.8.44, then number 308a is a March 1945 loss and not Jan/Feb.45. This puts King Tiger 307a in a new area along with Panther 305a as well. These losses, King Tiger and the Panther would all come from Jan.45. At the moment I suspect an area north west of Zamoly.

Mike

imw

January 16th, 2012, 3:45 pm #4

Oliver,

After reading those threads on TIF, I see I made some errors in spelling and grammer, I should be more careful and read back what I write. Apologies to all.

Mike

January 16th, 2012, 5:01 pm #5

Grant,

The former commander of the Tiger, described to a friend of mine a situation which was to good to be true. The Commander of the Tiger stated that the Berge-Panther had just pulled up in front of the Tiger when he ordered the crew to bail out, as the Russians were nearly on top of them. The Commander of the Tiger was also the Komapanie Chef. The Kompanie Chef also stated, they lost 2 Tigers on the 16.3.45 near Mor. The Russians do report knocking out 2 Tigers on the 16.3.45 along the Felso.Psz-Csakbereny road.

I might have a story to tell about the Tiger with the trophy number 308a as well, which might clear some confusion. At the moment this Tiger might be along the Csakbereny-Felso.Psz road. The Kompanie Chef in Question is not SS-Ostuf Wenke. The Officer in question is very much alive and I was very lucky to get 3 hours of this Gentlemans time.

Cheers Mike
Mike,
Many thanks for this further info, all of which is of great interest.
It would be great to eventually place where & to whom these Tigers belong.

I'll link your post to the TIIF thread, if you don't mind.

Thanks again, Grant.

imw

January 16th, 2012, 6:59 pm #6

Grant,

When I get the heads up regarding the 3 Tigers in Krusze and a little extra info about 308a, then I will post.

Mike

January 17th, 2012, 10:42 pm #7

Cheers Mike.. n/t
Last edited by vanhall on January 17th, 2012, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imw

January 18th, 2012, 1:38 pm #8

Grant,

The Tiger hooked upto the Berge-Panther which is photographed from the side is the same vehicle as the Tiger/Berge-Panther shot were both vehicles can be seen the photo. Except the Russians have added a smoke grenade for effect.

Mike

January 18th, 2012, 10:42 pm #9

Hi Mike,
Yes, I'd realised that it was the same Tiger, with a little smoke 'drama' added to one pic.
At the moment both pics are together in the "Nicht identifizierte Tiger" section of the "502/511 44/45" gallery on the TIIF site:
[/IMG]

I can understand why they've been put in that gallery;
because of what looks like a typical 502 spare track holder modification on the drivers plate and there being not much else to go from.
But personally I'm rooting for TK Hungary rather than 502 East Prussia.

Grant.

imw

January 19th, 2012, 7:12 am #10

Grant,

It's the same Tiger, well for me it is.

Mike