Tiran 5 - Completed

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Tiran 5 - Completed

August 15th, 2012, 11:05 pm #1

Hey all,

Here's some pics of my Tiran 5, which I'm just about ready to call done. Base kit is the Tamiya T-55, with the Blast Models conversion, as well as a few pieces / parts from the Legend conversion. The Blast conversion's top rate, but it doesn't include the mortar to the right of the commander's hatch; as I bought the conversion second-hand it was missing the Israeli style jerry cans. Both of these items were lifted from the Legends set. There's also some miscellaneous scratched items (from plastic rod/strip), Eduard PE, MIG fuel lines, RB barrels for the MGs, Bison decals, a mix of scratch and aftermarket stowage and Modelkasten tracks. Seems like overkill now that I'm listing it all out. Painting was done with Tamiya acrylics, oils, and various MIG and AK Interactive weathering products. This was the only real glitch in construction/painting as the washes and pigment fixer seemed to cause some problems with the track pins, causing each run of tracks to break up into 5 or 6 different smaller runs of 15 to 20 tracks. I finished the painting / weathering them as separate parts and then ended up gluing them on.

Anyways, here's some pics; feedback is more than welcome!

Basic construction done:

Paint on, decals set and pin wash / fading done:

A few shots of the completed model. Just about done except for the handles of the 30 cals, which I forgot to paint and only noticed after looking at the photos.

And a few detail shots.

Note that the little white fuzzies in the photos are from my rug and not actually part of the model. I forgot to dust the thing off before snapping the shots.

Feedback is more than welcome!

Cheers,

Daniel C

August 16th, 2012, 1:38 am #2

QUE BUEN TRABAJO.

August 16th, 2012, 2:37 am #3

Hey all,

Here's some pics of my Tiran 5, which I'm just about ready to call done. Base kit is the Tamiya T-55, with the Blast Models conversion, as well as a few pieces / parts from the Legend conversion. The Blast conversion's top rate, but it doesn't include the mortar to the right of the commander's hatch; as I bought the conversion second-hand it was missing the Israeli style jerry cans. Both of these items were lifted from the Legends set. There's also some miscellaneous scratched items (from plastic rod/strip), Eduard PE, MIG fuel lines, RB barrels for the MGs, Bison decals, a mix of scratch and aftermarket stowage and Modelkasten tracks. Seems like overkill now that I'm listing it all out. Painting was done with Tamiya acrylics, oils, and various MIG and AK Interactive weathering products. This was the only real glitch in construction/painting as the washes and pigment fixer seemed to cause some problems with the track pins, causing each run of tracks to break up into 5 or 6 different smaller runs of 15 to 20 tracks. I finished the painting / weathering them as separate parts and then ended up gluing them on.

Basic construction done:

A few shots of the completed model. Just about done except for the handles of the 30 cals, which I forgot to paint and only noticed after looking at the photos.

And a few detail shots.

Note that the little white fuzzies in the photos are from my rug and not actually part of the model. I forgot to dust the thing off before snapping the shots.

Cheers,

Daniel C
Love the final look!

August 16th, 2012, 1:43 pm #4

Hey all,

Basic construction done:

And a few detail shots.

Cheers,

Daniel C
All I can say is WOW!!