timeline for USMC gear in Iraq?

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

timeline for USMC gear in Iraq?

September 29th, 2011, 8:36 am #1

I am currently working on a AAVP 7A1, that should represent a vehicle during the battle of Fallujah in 2004.
Which of the items pictured below are appropriate for the 2004 timeframe? (all from Blackdog`s LAV 3 set)

regards

Stefan

September 29th, 2011, 11:19 am #2

All of them would/could have been seen in Fallujah in '04. The USMC started using MOLLE gear before the US Army. The far right bundle os cots and they have been basically the same since Vietnam.

Gino P. Quintiliani

Field Artillery --- The KING of BATTLE!!!

HeavyArty's Showcase

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

September 30th, 2011, 8:40 am #3

Thanks for the info!

cu

Stefan

September 30th, 2011, 11:06 am #4

All of them would/could have been seen in Fallujah in '04. The USMC started using MOLLE gear before the US Army. The far right bundle os cots and they have been basically the same since Vietnam.

Gino P. Quintiliani

HeavyArty's Showcase

Hi,

My first impulse was a modular tent.  Have you seen it up close?

C

September 30th, 2011, 11:10 am #5

They have the T bracket on one end, L bracket on the other,and square poles with fabric peaking out between them. All I see are standard US military green fabric and aluminum cots.

Gino P. Quintiliani

HeavyArty's Showcase

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

October 1st, 2011, 3:56 am #6

or a secret weapon.

October 2nd, 2011, 1:22 am #7

They have the T bracket on one end, L bracket on the other,and square poles with fabric peaking out between them. All I see are standard US military green fabric and aluminum cots.

Gino P. Quintiliani

HeavyArty's Showcase

make a cot a really good idea in the desert. Lots of hunting by snakes, scorpions, big spiders, and most everything else goes on in the cool of night. I know several guys who learned this the nard way.