Tiger Models delivery time...

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Tiger Models delivery time...

May 9th, 2012, 11:20 am #1

I just wanted to give you all a heads up!

I ordered and paid for a long list of items on April the 1st, but so far my order hasn't even been sent, and my e-mails asking the status of my order remain unanswered.

After having read about similar problems here on missing-lynx, I decided to finally send Jeff an e-mail yesterday saying that if my items aren't shipped within 3 days, I'll file a complaint with paypal.

I'll let you know, how it turns out...

Christian
Last edited by ChristianPaalsson on May 9th, 2012, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 9th, 2012, 11:48 am #2

nt
DAVID NICKELS

May 9th, 2012, 12:52 pm #3

I ordered and paid for a long list of items on April the 1st, but so far my order hasn't even been sent, and my e-mails asking the status of my order remain unanswered.

After having read about similar problems here on missing-lynx, I decided to finally send Jeff an e-mail yesterday saying that if my items aren't shipped within 3 days, I'll file a complaint with paypal.

Christian
As was noted in the policies change a few weeks back. This is due mostly to the fact that Tiger Models is now a one man show with Jeff handleing all the chores himself. Back when Joe ran the company Jeff helped in many areas that made shipping faster.

Unfortunately I see the "policies" tab "in blue" on the home page does not lead to the URL anymore. I will let Jeff know about this so he can fix it.

PLEASE take note to the extended shipping time and give him a bit of time to fix that annoying e-mail issue has been having. I lost contact with him for over a month but all seems to be working fine now.

Karl.

May 9th, 2012, 2:58 pm #4

Christian
I also had issues with order time and communication, but have recently received my orders and been in email contact with Jeff.
He is just a one man shop, and I have some sympathy for him as i have been in similar situations;
Being too small to be able to afford help, but with too much work to handle timely by oneself.
Its a very rough situation to be in with a small business.

My only real issue is the lack of communication, if he is backed up it should state so clearly on the web sites front page.
I am willing to give him some slack because the product is so good

May 9th, 2012, 4:13 pm #5

As was noted in the policies change a few weeks back. This is due mostly to the fact that Tiger Models is now a one man show with Jeff handleing all the chores himself. Back when Joe ran the company Jeff helped in many areas that made shipping faster.

Unfortunately I see the "policies" tab "in blue" on the home page does not lead to the URL anymore. I will let Jeff know about this so he can fix it.

PLEASE take note to the extended shipping time and give him a bit of time to fix that annoying e-mail issue has been having. I lost contact with him for over a month but all seems to be working fine now.

Karl.
Karl,

This is not the first time that this problem rises up. I remenber you have always said that you have nothing to do with the way Tiger Models is managed. However, every time someone puts this problem you come apologizing Tiger Models and giving the same explanations about their usual practice of not answering emails.

I think you would better stay out of the Tiger Models management problems unless you want us to think you speak on behalf of Tiger Models.

About the new shipping time of six weeks, I want to call Tiger Models' customers attention for the fact that Paypal rules are very clear: "You can open a dispute within 45 days of making your payment".

Greetings,
Jose Leitao
Last edited by JoseLeitao on May 9th, 2012, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 9th, 2012, 4:29 pm #6

I am just pointing out a couple of facts as I see em. As I said before I am only the master maker not involved in the bussiness other than that but I am also a customer and have to add my opinions as such.
Karl.

May 9th, 2012, 5:55 pm #7

Karl,

This is not the first time that this problem rises up. I remenber you have always said that you have nothing to do with the way Tiger Models is managed. However, every time someone puts this problem you come apologizing Tiger Models and giving the same explanations about their usual practice of not answering emails.

I think you would better stay out of the Tiger Models management problems unless you want us to think you speak on behalf of Tiger Models.

About the new shipping time of six weeks, I want to call Tiger Models' customers attention for the fact that Paypal rules are very clear: "You can open a dispute within 45 days of making your payment".

Greetings,
Jose Leitao
Answer me this Jose,

What is the purpose of opening up a paypal dispute for a good product that always arrives, albeit later than you would prefer? If you're in a huge rush to get a XXXX, then don't order from Tiger. But don't give them money, complain for 6 weeks, and then pull your money.

This isn't a case of someone trying to scam money from people. People need to relax a little about a HOBBY.

May 9th, 2012, 8:46 pm #8

if you need it RIGHT NOW find a dealer that has one in hand.
I purchased about $200 worth of tiger models stuff at the AMPS nationals, because it was there and I needed (wanted) it.

May 9th, 2012, 9:11 pm #9

Answer me this Jose,

What is the purpose of opening up a paypal dispute for a good product that always arrives, albeit later than you would prefer? If you're in a huge rush to get a XXXX, then don't order from Tiger. But don't give them money, complain for 6 weeks, and then pull your money.

This isn't a case of someone trying to scam money from people. People need to relax a little about a HOBBY.
Jesse,

Are you sure that the product always arrives? There were cases reported here in a Missing-Lynx thread a few months ago of orders that never arrived to customers.

I am not discussing the quality of Tiger Models update parts. Even lesser do I question Karl's craftsmanship. What I am questioning is the customer service provided by Tiger Models.

Although Karl says that Tiger Models shipping time has been extended to six weeks, I don't see that information in Tiger Models website. What I see there is their commitment to ship in three to four weeks. Do you agree that a commercial practice where this commitment has no pratical meaning is acceptable? Do you agree that customers have to wait as much as Tiger Models decides to without even complaining? Don't you agree that it would be a much clearer practice that payment should be made only after the order was ready for shipment? Don´t you agree that, whatever the excuses Karl uses to repeatedly justify Tiger Models, their behavior of sistematically not answering emails is unjustifiable?

After all this I say to you that the only argument on the customer's hands is the power to open a dispute through Paypal. And it results.

Greetings
Jose Leitao
Last edited by JoseLeitao on May 9th, 2012, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 9th, 2012, 9:19 pm #10

if you need it RIGHT NOW find a dealer that has one in hand.
I purchased about $200 worth of tiger models stuff at the AMPS nationals, because it was there and I needed (wanted) it.
Aaron,

That is NOT the question. The question is if Tiger Models respects its own commitments and its customers or not.

Jose Leitao
Last edited by JoseLeitao on May 9th, 2012, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.