Tiger I Fgst.Nr.250238 Painting started...

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Tiger I Fgst.Nr.250238 Painting started...

February 22nd, 2012, 11:15 pm #1

Hello gents!

After painting this with a dark grey base colour, I proceeded with a soft modulated red colour, which, I have to admit, was a very tough colour to tackle. It is very light now, but it will get darker after an oil treatment and the subtle effects that will follow.

Big thanks to David Byrden, Phil Appleyard and Grant Hall for their help and suggestions!

The headlights and maybe some other components will be painted in panzergrau, but I would like to know what colour would the fairly new exhausts have on this tank? Any suggestions???

Here are the photos:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

February 22nd, 2012, 11:27 pm #2

Looking good so far Dimitris...Well done my friend...

http://battletankpower.blogspot.com/

February 22nd, 2012, 11:59 pm #3

Hello gents!

After painting this with a dark grey base colour, I proceeded with a soft modulated red colour, which, I have to admit, was a very tough colour to tackle. It is very light now, but it will get darker after an oil treatment and the subtle effects that will follow.

Big thanks to David Byrden, Phil Appleyard and Grant Hall for their help and suggestions!

The headlights and maybe some other components will be painted in panzergrau, but I would like to know what colour would the fairly new exhausts have on this tank? Any suggestions???

Here are the photos:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
looking forward to see the completition

February 23rd, 2012, 1:33 pm #4

Hello gents!

Here are the photos:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
is this representing a manufacturernew vehicle? If yes there will be no rust and grime around the exhaust .I think the primer color is the right one for it in manufacturer stadium .looking forward for the weathering .

greetings Detlev

http://panzer-modell.de.tl/

February 23rd, 2012, 2:30 pm #5

Hello gents!

Here are the photos:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Looks like it just rolled out of the Fabrik,excellent work so far

February 23rd, 2012, 4:02 pm #6

Hello gents!

Here are the photos:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
a rare paint scheme. looking forward to see it finished!
http://juy-modelling.blogspot.com

February 23rd, 2012, 6:04 pm #7

Hello gents!

Here are the photos:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Hi Dimitri,
The colours are looking very good already, it should tone/darken very nicely.

I had a look through some factory photos hoping to get an idea of the exhaust colour, but couldn't find anything really helpful.
In this photo there's an exhaust tube lying next to the production line:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

It looks to be darker than the exhaust guards lying next to it.
I imagine the exhausts were fabricated from stock pipe and flanges. In my pipework experience (though many decades after the war),
stock carbon steel pipe always had a very dark black grey coating... So maybe lightly rusted 'Black Grey' is a option?

What are like at tiny writing?
I noticed there's something written above the drivers visor:
[/IMG]

It's the same on other factory line Tigers:
[/IMG]

The first part reads 'Öl' (Oil), maybe someone knows what the rest might say?
[/IMG]

HTH, Grant.

February 24th, 2012, 5:35 am #8

These photos and the information you 've shared are invaluable! I really appreciate your help!

Yes, lightly rusted black grey is a go for the exhausts!

I also noticed something else, the white paint next to the hull MG ball mount, seems to have a number starting from 2. Maybe it is the serial 238. Just like in the first photo of 219 but lower, right next to the MG mount. What do you think?

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Dimitris

February 24th, 2012, 5:02 pm #9

Hi Dimitris,
Yes, it certainly looks like a 3 digid number under the white mark.
As you say; it probably is the serial number as the others all have it in about the same place.

Grant.

PS: Is your email address via here working? I sent you a photo a few days ago but it got "returned".
I've just tried again with some factory photos, hope they get through.

February 24th, 2012, 6:45 pm #10

Hello gents!

Here are the photos:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Red Tiger ... nice start ! n/t