Tiger I almost finished

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Tiger I almost finished

November 8th, 2009, 4:50 am #1

I must admit I thought I was done untill looking at the pictures. I am still looking for a figure, and the bow machine gun needs to be added.
There needs to be some stowage or helmets or something else. I am wore out on this build but I am also quite pleased. There are alot of well trained eyes on this forum whos opinions I respect greatly and would love comments and suggestions. I know there are some things I am missing but at this point I am stumped.

Here is where we were when we met last:

The almost finished prodcut:

By the way I am just learning how to use some of the photo editing software. - Jared

Last edited by natique18 on November 8th, 2009, 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 8th, 2009, 9:45 am #2

that's a good worn tiger, looks that he have seen a lot.
Nice model, goods work.

cheers Erik

November 8th, 2009, 9:55 am #3

I must admit I thought I was done untill looking at the pictures. I am still looking for a figure, and the bow machine gun needs to be added.
There needs to be some stowage or helmets or something else. I am wore out on this build but I am also quite pleased. There are alot of well trained eyes on this forum whos opinions I respect greatly and would love comments and suggestions. I know there are some things I am missing but at this point I am stumped.

By the way I am just learning how to use some of the photo editing software. - Jared
You surprised me with this one Jared

Great great work

You sure got talent ! Congrats
Sven

November 8th, 2009, 9:58 am #4

...that diamond thing on the back wall should be vertical.

http://tiger1.info/EN/StarterAdapterPosts.html

November 8th, 2009, 3:29 pm #5

maybe. They are heavy and seem unnatural to be pointing up. It looks like you have some good contrast of colors in your mud. Maybe a very little amount of dust to add around the turret hatches for more contrast. I think you've done a awesome job with it! Congrats on a well done Tiger. Greg

more equipment ideas

more pics in the gallery here

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... ls%3Den-us
Last edited by GregHessig on November 8th, 2009, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 8th, 2009, 5:07 pm #6

Awesome awesome AWESOME Tiger, Jared.

Aside from the "non-vertical diamond thing" (haha), this is perhaps one of the finest 1/48 Tigers I have seen yet. I am very impressed by your talent, my friend.

The dirt/mud colors on the wheels & suspension is just beautiful too.

My hat is off, Jared. Where have you been hiding? I want to see more of your work, Mate!

Cheers, from a VERY impressed, Pat

November 8th, 2009, 9:32 pm #7

You surprised me with this one Jared

Great great work

You sure got talent ! Congrats
Sven
For your kind words. Your tiger over at Track 48 was a real insperation for me also I used your paint ratios for my red brown and dark yellow. - Jared

November 8th, 2009, 9:37 pm #8

...that diamond thing on the back wall should be vertical.

http://tiger1.info/EN/StarterAdapterPosts.html
Thats the starter right? I am usually modeling those winged thingys, so sufice it to say my time in researching my AFV models is a little sub par. I am not sure I will attempt to fix it now, but since I have been put on notice I might have to - Jared

November 8th, 2009, 10:02 pm #9

maybe. They are heavy and seem unnatural to be pointing up. It looks like you have some good contrast of colors in your mud. Maybe a very little amount of dust to add around the turret hatches for more contrast. I think you've done a awesome job with it! Congrats on a well done Tiger. Greg

more equipment ideas

more pics in the gallery here

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... ls%3Den-us
Those tow cables turned out to be quite a bear if you can believe that. When I pushed or pulled at one end they always seemed to move around or shift in an unexpected place at the other end. Or they would get tangled some place. I have tried to get the cables to rest appropriately with weighted look, but it just does not want to cooperate. If you look close at the picture from the rear, the tow hook on the left is broken! That is on my to-do list. Fortunately I have an old kit I can rob one from.
I think the cables much like the "diamond thingy" might be caulked up to a learning experience and move on. There are still a few things left to do so I might give it a go after I have been able to step back and have a second look at this thing.
I do think you are right about dusting up the turret a bit. After your comments and then looking at the pictures I think I will add just a bit more. - Jared
Last edited by natique18 on November 8th, 2009, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 8th, 2009, 10:13 pm #10

Awesome awesome AWESOME Tiger, Jared.

Aside from the "non-vertical diamond thing" (haha), this is perhaps one of the finest 1/48 Tigers I have seen yet. I am very impressed by your talent, my friend.

The dirt/mud colors on the wheels & suspension is just beautiful too.

My hat is off, Jared. Where have you been hiding? I want to see more of your work, Mate!

Cheers, from a VERY impressed, Pat
A very kind note from you too. The road wheels and suspension work turned out to be a lot of fun and quite the learning experience. This was my second attempt at a heavily muddied up AFV after lots of pointers and constructive critique from the fine gents here.
Pat, I am usually lurking around over at hyperscale. Check the plastic pic forum later tonight. You can see what I am usually up to.
By the way you are quickly becoming the king of shearmans! I cant wait to see your hessian netted sherman with some paint on it! - Jared