This really is the last shot...

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

This really is the last shot...

July 29th, 2008, 2:23 pm #1

Folks,
Final shot now, I have finally run out of steam on this one... Not sure about the rules concerning swastikas on ML so I Photoshopped it out. Thanks to EVERYONE for your comments, you've gotten me through this project, it's been a real lift reading your feedback and has made a big difference to me in how I tackled the finishes.
The figure is one of Tank Model's beautiful pieces (from set No.T35004) and if it wasn't for the sublime sculpting I'd never have got any kind of result I'd feel happy showing! I used an undercoat of Andrea Flesh Coat No.1, with a little shading with Vallejo Tank Brown and a spot of Vallejo Red for the ears etc. Andrea's Black Paint Set was used for the clothing.
Now, I must finish that JS-2!
Cheers,
Marcus

[/IMG]

Yep! That'll do!!

July 29th, 2008, 2:53 pm #2

Hi Marcus,
Wonderful job! The figure looks really nice too (must get some Tank figs soon).

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------

www.notaussiefloyd.com

Lovely!

July 29th, 2008, 3:09 pm #3

Folks,
Final shot now, I have finally run out of steam on this one... Not sure about the rules concerning swastikas on ML so I Photoshopped it out. Thanks to EVERYONE for your comments, you've gotten me through this project, it's been a real lift reading your feedback and has made a big difference to me in how I tackled the finishes.
The figure is one of Tank Model's beautiful pieces (from set No.T35004) and if it wasn't for the sublime sculpting I'd never have got any kind of result I'd feel happy showing! I used an undercoat of Andrea Flesh Coat No.1, with a little shading with Vallejo Tank Brown and a spot of Vallejo Red for the ears etc. Andrea's Black Paint Set was used for the clothing.
Cheers,
Marcus

[/IMG]
Hi Marcus;

I've been waiting to comment on this one until it was declared finished. It was worth the wait! Your models(and Angus's) were the inspiration for me to venture into modelling in the first place, so I thank you for all the great pieces in TMMI over the years.
This model has some very realistic and plausible weathering, and the figure is truly excellent. Those TANK figs look to be some of the very best available.

Also, it seems I owe you an email, please accept my apologies, as it got lost in the shuffle, I really should pay more attention to these things. I'll be getting back to you soonest.

Anyhoo, another great model from you, I've been missing your work lately. Glad to see you back.

Cheers Mate, Pat

Well deserved Marcus

July 29th, 2008, 4:57 pm #4

Folks,
Cheers,
Marcus

[/IMG]
You swim at the top level, and this just reaffirms it. There is a lot to take in and enjoy. I really like the dusting on the road wheels and the subtle chipping on the top of the turret. I look forward to a great read. Congrats!

Best,

Mike

more pics

July 29th, 2008, 5:29 pm #5

Folks,
Cheers,
Marcus

[/IMG]
Awesome work on the weathering but I'd like to see the rest of the vehicle!

Wine is the key.....

July 29th, 2008, 5:34 pm #6

You swim at the top level, and this just reaffirms it. There is a lot to take in and enjoy. I really like the dusting on the road wheels and the subtle chipping on the top of the turret. I look forward to a great read. Congrats!

Best,

Mike
Hi Guys,
I LOVE those figures from Tank! They are so full of character and I can't get enough of them. I'm not a very confident figure painter but with these you can just use simple techniques with acrylics, a decent brush and the figure virtually paints itself. I'd like to see them do some post-D-Day British subjects to go with Tamiya's Centaur etc, that would be cool. Lee and William's 'Panzertruppen' book was a big inspiration for this project, loads of interesting touches and proof that early war tanks did get really filthy too! Fantastic book.
Now, I must find some more Pino Grigio or perhaps a nice Chianti (fwwwpp fwwp), it seems to be a key ingredient in my modelling....
Cheers again,
Marcus

[/IMG]

You're the best!

July 29th, 2008, 6:20 pm #7

Folks,
Cheers,
Marcus

[/IMG]
Yep! I learnt a lot from you just by looking at your pictures and the step-by-step articles you featured.

I really want to build this model, now!

The barrel of the cannon came out fantastic!

Great work as always!

Regards
Noel

NICE

July 29th, 2008, 6:26 pm #8

Folks,
Cheers,
Marcus

[/IMG]
piece of Panzer there Marcus, the figure really looks nice too. I guess I will try switching from beer to wine! Glued the top runs of the JS II track last night. If you are using the kit tracks pay close attention to the directions. Outta here, Mike sends . . .

Noel and Mike and Pat!

July 29th, 2008, 6:46 pm #9

Yep! I learnt a lot from you just by looking at your pictures and the step-by-step articles you featured.

I really want to build this model, now!

The barrel of the cannon came out fantastic!

Great work as always!

Regards
Noel
Hi Noel,
Good to hear from you, I'm a big fan of your stuff, you have a really nice style. Mike - no worries, I'm using Friuls on the JS! Pat, thanks for the kind words, love your stuff in MiS, really subtle - I wish I could practice restraint with weathering as you do!
Cheers,
Marcus

Re: NICE

July 29th, 2008, 7:03 pm #10

piece of Panzer there Marcus, the figure really looks nice too. I guess I will try switching from beer to wine! Glued the top runs of the JS II track last night. If you are using the kit tracks pay close attention to the directions. Outta here, Mike sends . . .
Hi Marcus ...I too have always been a fan of your work ..Glad to see you back and at the top of your game ..Can't wait to read the article and your build is inspirational for me to add another kit to the pile...Awesome job on both the tank and the figure .

all the best
Richard