Theoretical Object 701 No. 6 (IS-4 Prototype) battle for Mainland Japan

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Theoretical Object 701 No. 6 (IS-4 Prototype) battle for Mainland Japan

June 10th, 2015, 9:11 pm #1

Today I finished pointing this Object 701 No. 6 (IS-4 Prototype). It’s a theoretical subject panted as it might have looked during the battle for Mainland Japan sometimes in late 1945 or early 46. I gave this model a faded chipped camo seen on some of the cold war Soviet armor. Some reference photos are included below.

Again I would like to thank Ivan Cocker for the awesome figures. I would also to think Chris Jerrett for his help with scanning and providing me with the reference photos.

The kit used is the Trumpeter IS-4 kit that I reworked and backdated to an Object 701 No. 6 using Evergreen sheet plastic, Aber PE and copper sheet. A gallery containing step-by-step photos of the full build can be found on my Facebook page at:https://www.facebook.com/WilderModelling

Thanks for looking
ANPW

June 10th, 2015, 9:58 pm #2

Superb, the finish/weathering is amazing

June 10th, 2015, 10:40 pm #3

Today I finished pointing this Object 701 No. 6 (IS-4 Prototype). It’s a theoretical subject panted as it might have looked during the battle for Mainland Japan sometimes in late 1945 or early 46. I gave this model a faded chipped camo seen on some of the cold war Soviet armor. Some reference photos are included below.

Again I would like to thank Ivan Cocker for the awesome figures. I would also to think Chris Jerrett for his help with scanning and providing me with the reference photos.

The kit used is the Trumpeter IS-4 kit that I reworked and backdated to an Object 701 No. 6 using Evergreen sheet plastic, Aber PE and copper sheet. A gallery containing step-by-step photos of the full build can be found on my Facebook page at:https://www.facebook.com/WilderModelling

Thanks for looking
ANPW

Perfect weathering, so much eye candy; just the inspiration I need for my next build! Love the saki bottle; great touch!

Cheers, Tracy

June 10th, 2015, 11:45 pm #4

Thanks for looking
ANPW

I really like the effects, the point of the figuras give a nice touch, the details of the model how the use and the weathering shows a really good proyect, almost for me this is the best model of this year, and how always the amazing quality only founded by you.

Maybe for a next proyect, a more extreme weathering (style T55 afgan wars) but for that maybe you can need another model with more years of use.

cheers.

June 11th, 2015, 12:14 am #5

Thanks for looking
ANPW

Very interesting work!
I like see my figures in your hight-class work.
Can I publish this work in Gallery on Stalingrad site?

June 11th, 2015, 1:55 am #6

Thanks for looking
ANPW

But I would not have wanted to drive it down narrow backcountry Japanese roads! You would need some good recovery vehicles for that adventure

Always fun to see your handly work!

Chris.

June 11th, 2015, 9:45 am #7

Thanks for looking
ANPW

Such a sheer pleasure drinking in all this talent !! Thanks for the inspiration to try and get better !

June 11th, 2015, 12:04 pm #8

Thanks for looking
ANPW

Excellent work!!! Very very nice.

June 11th, 2015, 1:20 pm #9

Thanks for looking
ANPW

of course the trademark Wilder weathering combine to make this a very pleasing view in the morning.
J

June 11th, 2015, 2:08 pm #10

Thanks for looking
ANPW

Thanks a lot for the comments everyone. It’s also nice to be posting on ML again. Just like old times.

Talk to you again soon.
ANPW