Theater of Tragedy, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany 1945

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Theater of Tragedy, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany 1945

November 19th, 2016, 10:40 am #1

My latest "Elevated Diorama" concept project... Enjoy

Theater of Tragedy
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany 1945

November 19th, 2016, 1:06 pm #2

It's always a pleasure to see your work !
Very inspiring !

Congratulation Bernard

Mathieu

November 19th, 2016, 1:45 pm #3

Theater of Tragedy

Hello Bernard,

Nice scene you have created there, lots of details to see and various aspects of
the conflict put into it.

I have a few questions or remarks though,
one of the dead Germans [the one underneath] has almost lightly coloured leather
boots. I always thought that these came in the same variations as the famous Ford T:
black.
Or is this some kind of fashion statement perhaps '-)

Also, all those leafs are very well made and painted. But the scene says Germany 1945, which
would mean spring 1945. I always thought that leafs fell off the trees in autumn, but perhaps
I am mistaken.

Overall, very well done and a great scene.

Theo

November 19th, 2016, 6:05 pm #4

Theater of Tragedy

Wonderful diorama, the mimetic of the Panzer IV is fantastic ... the whole diorama is fantastic. The only thing that leaves me a bit so are the three dead soldiers, but that's just my opinion. Compliments 😀😀😀😀
http://steeltankspower.blogspot.com

November 19th, 2016, 6:08 pm #5

Theater of Tragedy

Bernard,

A beautiful dio.

A couple of points: Nord-Rhine Westphalia did not exist until 1947, it came about from the western allies zoning.

Brown boots were how they were issued, the user was to dye them black and then polish them, however by that stage in the war new boots would mainly be the short lace up ankle boots.

David

November 20th, 2016, 9:39 am #6

Theater of Tragedy

Brilliant

November 20th, 2016, 9:48 am #7

Theater of Tragedy

First of all i want to thank you all for your kind comments, am happy you liked my scene thanks a lot.
As for the leather boots, i know it should be black, been doing Late German projects for the last 15 years , but as i said before i use colors to in-rich my dioramas artistically, (actually its dark brown but in the pictures it glows as light brown), it could be a dark leather boot from a civilian and not German late war boot for instance ... anyways i never been or will be a rivet counter, i enjoy doing artistic dioramas thats just it and not to forget i know a bit of german stuff since i only do german projects, so am sure i wont make a mistake concidering the color of a boot
As for the leaves and the whole setting well... hehehe i wasn't there or you to be 100% sure that a scene like this was never seen ... anyways as i said above, i do my artistic dioramas as i imagine them and give them the setting i wish to, in this case, damp, autumn and humid...
as for the 2 (not 3 dead soldiers ) well they were killed from the front after evacuating the hit tank, thats why i Intended not to show any blood stains on the figures because they were not shot from behind... anyways i could give a million way on how they died and not show the blood stains its not a problem ... and by the way they werent killed by those 2 US drivers
last but not least as for the names of my dioramas, i said it before, i INTENTIONALLY use historical names for my titles whether they were or werent at that era of war, i just love it

i like my dioramas to look like paintings on a model kit box, i know a lot wont like them because of my artistic side and not realistic but thats how i like them, hope you understand my taste in this hobby... Enjoy

November 20th, 2016, 11:26 am #8

Theater of Tragedy

Another great work!!!!!

November 20th, 2016, 1:28 pm #9

First of all i want to thank you all for your kind comments, am happy you liked my scene thanks a lot.
As for the leather boots, i know it should be black, been doing Late German projects for the last 15 years , but as i said before i use colors to in-rich my dioramas artistically, (actually its dark brown but in the pictures it glows as light brown), it could be a dark leather boot from a civilian and not German late war boot for instance ... anyways i never been or will be a rivet counter, i enjoy doing artistic dioramas thats just it and not to forget i know a bit of german stuff since i only do german projects, so am sure i wont make a mistake concidering the color of a boot
As for the leaves and the whole setting well... hehehe i wasn't there or you to be 100% sure that a scene like this was never seen ... anyways as i said above, i do my artistic dioramas as i imagine them and give them the setting i wish to, in this case, damp, autumn and humid...
as for the 2 (not 3 dead soldiers ) well they were killed from the front after evacuating the hit tank, thats why i Intended not to show any blood stains on the figures because they were not shot from behind... anyways i could give a million way on how they died and not show the blood stains its not a problem ... and by the way they werent killed by those 2 US drivers
last but not least as for the names of my dioramas, i said it before, i INTENTIONALLY use historical names for my titles whether they were or werent at that era of war, i just love it

i like my dioramas to look like paintings on a model kit box, i know a lot wont like them because of my artistic side and not realistic but thats how i like them, hope you understand my taste in this hobby... Enjoy
Bernard good answer, I apologize to you for the dead soldiers, but it was just my point of view, for the rest you're right: not we were there. And then everyone interprets his art in a personal way.☺☺

November 20th, 2016, 4:01 pm #10

Theater of Tragedy

It can always be recognized.
Lovely dio,well done and nice to me to see the "different drummer" is still listened to
Like the guys whose "thing" is to fantastically weather a tank and build a piecemeal latewar version fresh from the factory,it is not my thing but I ALWAYS appreciate the skill to build and paint it.
J