The road to Berlin

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

The road to Berlin

May 19th, 2017, 1:15 pm #1

The diorama is inspired by the very well-known color video on the Oder battle and the Soviet march to Berlin from the Oder banks; The video includes a sequence with several Sturmgeshutz allegedly in Seelow Heights Area. The exact area of the footage and the unit the Stu G are belonging to is still a subject of discussion ( Lerh Brigade 110, Stug Abt 210 or 32ss PZ div etc…) thus let’s say the action is located on the oder;
With the support of an assault gun from an unidentified Heer unit, A Volksturm unit is getting back in a trench which was evacuated before the massive Soviet Artillery fire started, a tactic commonly used to spare scare resources at the end of the war;
The veteran tank leader is pushing the elders of the wolksturm to take a precarious refuge in the trench; the enemy is coming, and few of them will survive the day…

May 19th, 2017, 1:23 pm #2

the colors, composition are excellent, creates a sense of urgency like I am sure you intended! the figures on foot are Pegasus? The tank commander, where is he from ? love his arm positioned forward, excellent choice

May 19th, 2017, 2:44 pm #3

are from Pegasus, but I changes the head of é of them by Preiser heads, and I aded the bread bags and bidon from preiser as well. the tank leader is in resine, I don't really remember as I did not kept the box, maybe retrokit but I'm not sure;

Thanks for the comments

May 19th, 2017, 2:48 pm #4

The diorama is inspired by the very well-known color video on the Oder battle and the Soviet march to Berlin from the Oder banks; The video includes a sequence with several Sturmgeshutz allegedly in Seelow Heights Area. The exact area of the footage and the unit the Stu G are belonging to is still a subject of discussion ( Lerh Brigade 110, Stug Abt 210 or 32ss PZ div etc…) thus let’s say the action is located on the oder;
With the support of an assault gun from an unidentified Heer unit, A Volksturm unit is getting back in a trench which was evacuated before the massive Soviet Artillery fire started, a tactic commonly used to spare scare resources at the end of the war;
The veteran tank leader is pushing the elders of the wolksturm to take a precarious refuge in the trench; the enemy is coming, and few of them will survive the day…

Great modeling, figure painting and layout of the scene itself.
Jl

May 19th, 2017, 2:54 pm #5

Hello Philippe
Great looking diorama. The additional plating really changes the character of the StuG. I like what you've done with the camouflage and the figures really add something - the chap in the fawn coat in particular.

All the best

Dan
Dan Taylor Modelworks

"My life is like my room - I'm sure it was tidy two days ago" Alphonse Tram in the film 'Buffet Froid' 1979

May 19th, 2017, 3:05 pm #6

Very nice, figures, terrain and vehicle, all very well done.
Last edited by Augusto Versiani on May 19th, 2017, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 19th, 2017, 3:51 pm #7

Beautifully done, full of movement and urgency.

May 19th, 2017, 3:56 pm #8

Great modeling, figure painting and layout of the scene itself.
Jl
thanks ! nt

May 19th, 2017, 3:58 pm #9

Hello Philippe
Great looking diorama. The additional plating really changes the character of the StuG. I like what you've done with the camouflage and the figures really add something - the chap in the fawn coat in particular.

All the best

Dan
Thanks Dan nt

May 19th, 2017, 3:59 pm #10

Very nice, figures, terrain and vehicle, all very well done.
Thanks !