"The Retirement"

May 17th, 2017, 1:41 pm #1

I finally finished my civilian dio. It started as an experiment with me tying to use some new materials like balsa board and several different types of foliage products,including PE and paper stuff. I don't care for the balsa board and will go back to my familiar plaster in the future.
But here we have "The Retirement".

and here is the obligatory shot to show real scale using the ubiquitous paint bottle,etc. This isn't as cool as a scratchbuilt gamma goat engine but maybe you can glean some dio ideas,etc. from the old mans' retirement?

Last edited by jrutman53 on May 17th, 2017, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerry, I beg to...

May 17th, 2017, 1:46 pm #2

...differ, this is way WAY cooler than a Gama Goat engine in white styrene.

So much character and story in this diorama, and beautifully executed.

I love the building and the sagging effect on the roof, did you make this house yourself?

Wonderful work, something one can stare at for hours.

What scale is it?
Edit: now that the pic with the bottle came through properly, I am assuming this is 1/35 or 1/32?

(Sorry for all the questions, you may have posted updates on this build in the past, but I have not been on these forums for a while)
Last edited by young_sven on May 17th, 2017, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fantastic little diorama Jerry

May 17th, 2017, 2:05 pm #3

I finally finished my civilian dio. It started as an experiment with me tying to use some new materials like balsa board and several different types of foliage products,including PE and paper stuff. I don't care for the balsa board and will go back to my familiar plaster in the future.

and here is the obligatory shot to show real scale using the ubiquitous paint bottle,etc. This isn't as cool as a scratchbuilt gamma goat engine but maybe you can glean some dio ideas,etc. from the old mans' retirement?

Fantastic family scenery, great Jerry .... one point: when you make the photos you make it all in focus, play with the depth of field (personal opinion)
http://steeltankspower.blogspot.com

Excellent Work !

May 17th, 2017, 2:09 pm #4

I just live the vibrant colours in your diorama. Such a simple yet strong and poignant scene. So much better than the "dark monotone" effect you see in many armour dioramas.

Regards
Ian

nice!

May 17th, 2017, 2:14 pm #5

a crabby vet drinking! might be me one day.
Dan

Thanks Sven,yes,I made the

May 17th, 2017, 2:30 pm #6

...differ, this is way WAY cooler than a Gama Goat engine in white styrene.

So much character and story in this diorama, and beautifully executed.

I love the building and the sagging effect on the roof, did you make this house yourself?

Wonderful work, something one can stare at for hours.

What scale is it?
Edit: now that the pic with the bottle came through properly, I am assuming this is 1/35 or 1/32?

(Sorry for all the questions, you may have posted updates on this build in the past, but I have not been on these forums for a while)
house meself. The walls were from the balsa board and carved,the window frames styrene with bezel rings from an airplane PE set covered with white glue. The roof was matte board,bent down and covered with resin roof tiles I cast meself. The chimney and foundation are in my old stand by plaster. Thanks so much for the support buddy !
Yes,this is 1/35 scale,all the figs started out as Miniart or MB figs.
J

Great scene Jerry!!! Ground work is fantastic!!!

May 17th, 2017, 2:31 pm #7

Great scene Jerry!!! Ground work is fantastic!!!

Thanks Loris,but you assume I know how to work

May 17th, 2017, 2:44 pm #8

Fantastic family scenery, great Jerry .... one point: when you make the photos you make it all in focus, play with the depth of field (personal opinion)
http://steeltankspower.blogspot.com
a camera ! LoL I just try brother,I haven't a clue.

That actually was

May 17th, 2017, 2:45 pm #9

I just live the vibrant colours in your diorama. Such a simple yet strong and poignant scene. So much better than the "dark monotone" effect you see in many armour dioramas.

Regards
Ian
deliberate because I was in a funk and wanted to try to cheer myself up !
No war,death and destruction plus colorful stuff. I was hoping that would help,and it did !
J

Beautiful

May 17th, 2017, 2:46 pm #10

Great scene Jerry - the building, the figures, the animals, the groundwork and the foliage, all of it! Great work.